Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:26 AM

Keeping Up

Have you ever been one for "Keeping up with the Jones". Not for me at all, I just do what I want and don"t really worry about what others have.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:36 AM

Re: Keeping Up

I think it can be a sort of 'chav' lifestyle to have the latest of everything, iPhone, bling and huge car to take the children or grandchildren to school.

Hopefully we have found out that nothing you can buy, can buy you peace of mind or contentment. That comes from inside yourself, feeling happy with what you have and who you are. It comes with life experience and also being given the right values by parents or someone of influence.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Have you ever been one for "Keeping up with the Jones". Not for me at all, I just do what I want and don"t really worry about what others have.
Definitely not
They have different tastes to me - that's for sure
No way Pedro !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:47 AM

Its one of the resons I avoid talking about 'things' with people..

The where are 'you going on hoilday this year' or the 'are you still driving that same car' chat really is a way people have of checking your credit rating... Are you worth being on their social radar or not..

Well thanks but, my car is old but 100% cash paid for, same with my tv my holiday and everything else I have ...Its not new in fact some of its a bit tatty but I dont lie awake worrying about bills..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:49 AM

I never tried to keep up with anybody Apricot, far too exhausting, and don't forget the Jones will end up in a box the same as everyone else but probably sooner.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 11:21 AM

JEM, don"t you be getting me giggling again.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
No Apricot the Jones's asked me to slow down as they were having difficulty keeping up with me.

I jest but truthfully It has always been the same for me quality of life is the one priority quantity of life and possessions no; if I don't need it or it doesn't give me pleasure I don't want it.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

22-04-2015, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
No Apricot the Jones's asked me to slow down as they were having difficulty keeping up with me.

I jest but truthfully It has always been the same for me quality of life is the one priority quantity of life and possessions no; if I don't need it or it doesn't give me pleasure I don't want it.
Another post to make giggle --love it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 12:45 PM

God no! That would equal total discontentment and unhappiness to me. Enjoy what you have in your own life.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Mr and Mrs Jones...I have no carpet in me home. I would be broke in two weeks or less if things went wrong. I do not own an item that would be thought of as keeping up with you. I no longer drive nor do I want to... I owe nobody anything. I own everything I possess outright and free of debt.
Keeping up? No! And the reason is. There are far more important things to consider than flippin possessions or wealth. Death will equalise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top