Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 09:17 AM

Wet Wednesday

..as predicted.
I'm going to get the allotment society accounts together, ready for the AGM next month, then am starting a serious dog-search, for my mum. She's coming over for a few days at the end of the week, so I hope we will be able to send her home with a new companion - she so misses her old dog who she lost in May.
I don't think there's anything else on the horizon but will be interested to hear of others' exciting days. Hope yours is a good one!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 09:41 AM

Re: Wet Wednesday

Its dry here at the moment, another boring day here gardening/housework depending on the weather.

When I took the dogs out yesterday it was drizzling when I left home so I put the dogs raincoats on, the sun came out half way round our walk, I had strange looks from a group of walkers I met, I am sure people think I am mad!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Afternoon all, Sun just coming up here...enjoying my ast few days before the long flight home...
DM hope you find a pal for your mum....
Moetmum.......I put rain coats on my Staffies, and get some weird looks too........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Wet and windy day here and I swear there was a slight Autumnal nip in the air when I got up this morning.

It's been a day for jobs about the house, catching up on things that have been slightly neglected

Hope the weather is better tomorrow, we have our grandchildren for the day and they will need some outdoor therapy

Stay dry folks!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 02:16 PM

What a day the rain we've had is dreadful, I did'nt get down the park with the dogs 'till after lunch time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 06:32 PM

Well it's so gloomy here we have had to put the light on ......bye bye summer?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Its actually dull here today and no as warm, looks like Autumn is approaching Houston too...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 08:24 PM

Its dark here already, its been a soggy afternoon and a bit chilly this evening I put my fleece on for the first time in ages!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 08:39 PM

Sorry Hurricane Bill has caused all that rain. It's a lovely sunny warm day here, but won't last: cooldown and rain expected for (of course!) the weekend. No news here, been to the market and had a nice visit from a friend who came by to pick up last Sunday's paper that I kept for her; she'd been out of town and hates to miss it. Leia has not yet caught the mouse in the house...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

26-08-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sorry Hurricane Bill has caused all that rain. It's a lovely sunny warm day here, but won't last: cooldown and rain expected for (of course!) the weekend. No news here, been to the market and had a nice visit from a friend who came by to pick up last Sunday's paper that I kept for her; she'd been out of town and hates to miss it. Leia has not yet caught the mouse in the house...

Another mouse Eileen?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top