Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Fallen off a cliff

Have you noticed that the phrase "Fallen off a cliff", which I think first came to light with the credit crunch and seemed to be used in every news broadcast, doesn't appear to be around any more. In fact it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Fallen off a cliff you might say

Any other phrases which spring to mind as new arrivals, sudden departures or just get on your pip?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Re: Fallen off a cliff

"At this point in time" popped up during the Nixon era here, and took a long, long time to die ..... Whatever happened to "Now"?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:05 PM

I expect they threw it up in the air, off the wall and on the table and took the long view that it was all a bit inappropriate.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Bit of blue sky thinking there!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:31 PM

When people say absoloutly its like the word of today it annoys me...
Sue
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I expect they threw it up in the air, off the wall and on the table and took the long view that it was all a bit inappropriate.
Lol, and they could have run it up the flagpole to see if anyone saluted .......
after they looked to see if there was light at the end of tte tunnel .....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 09:17 PM

A new one that really gets my goat, (must be getting a grumpy old man), . . issue, . . this annoys me no end, like in the phrase "the issue is we need more", it should be "the problem is we need more", I think it's a word that's came from an American board room.

It must be trendy coz I hear it used all over the place, "we have an issue here", . . "we have an issue there", it drives me crazy.

The word "problem" is now defunct, . . dead, . . obsolete.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2009, 12:00 AM

'Stepping up to the plate', very annoying ...
'The elephant in the corner' also very annoying ...
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2009, 08:02 AM

I love 'in my humble opinion' hahaha
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
The word "problem" is now defunct, . . dead, . . obsolete.
Ahhhhh, but you should know "there's no such thing as a "problem", what we have here is a "challenge" ".

I wonder what all this clear blue water is about .........................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top