Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Re: Charity Bags

Don't get any bags through the door here. My problem with taking stuff to charity shops in our local town is parking - none have anywhere near to drop stuff off, so any clothing tends to go in the Salvation Army collection "bins" at our local car park. Usefully, our local tip has a rag collection.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 07:24 PM

We have never had a charity bag here, they probably wouldn't find us!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Not had any bags this week - last week had 2/3. Never use the bags and we have had warnings about bogus collectors as well. If I have anything to give I take them to the Charity shops in town.
Spoke too soon! Had two bags and a leaflet through the door today. Never heard of the one named on the leaflet-they didn't want the usual kind of things like clothing ec.-they wanted jewellery, household items like cutlery, cups. plates etc. etc. Don't know what thats all about-needless to say the leaflet went straight into the bin
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 10:02 PM

We're forever getting bags through the letter box, but what surprises me is the number of filled bags that appear on the street. I suppose there are a few young families near us and children outgrow things, but it amazes me how people find so much to put out.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Don't throw them away, the bags are handy to use as liners for your waste bins, I use them all the time.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 07:21 AM

We get a lot here as well. I remember watching a programme on the rogue collectors last year and I am sure it was said if you just get a leaflet don't leave as they are not genuine and if you get a bag, thats genuine, especially if printed with charity name.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Don't throw them away, the bags are handy to use as liners for your waste bins, I use them all the time.
We do the same now -at first we put stuff in them -then left them empty on the doorstep -but they weren't picked up so I thought why not make use of them....?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 10:21 AM

It's such a shame that the rogue collectors are spoiling things for the genuine charities. I usually take my donations to the shop itself or if there are quite a few things, I phone the charity and they will usually come out and collect it in their van.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top