Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 04:19 AM

Re: Do you know your Mobile Number?

I do know mine because I use it for two part security and it is the only phone that I answer. Unfortunately I learnt it in the wrong format. It doesn't matter when you type it but when giving the number out over the phone for example it really confuses people. I think of it as:

xxx xxx xxxx

Whereas (apparently) the correct format is

xxxx xxx xxx

It is really annoying because I have the first format off pat but I am trying to remember to say it as the second and I find that I forget where I am! I will get there eventually.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:31 AM

I have my number written on the back of my phone. I never have it switched on, only taking it with me when I am driving in case I have a problem with my car.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:44 AM

Yes, but, I only ring it when I can't find it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:59 AM

I've no idea what my mobile number is and I don't know what anyone else's is either. I always need to look it up. Must try harder.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 12:56 PM

I have had the same mobile number for about twenty years now and can recite it in my sleep, my home number I sometimes struggle with.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have had the same mobile number for about twenty years now and can recite it in my sleep, my home number I sometimes struggle with.
Aye,I'm the same as I use the mob' more than the landline these days,so when I'm asked for that number I have to think about it.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Strange how our memory recall works.
Yes, can be strange.
I can recall lots of things but numbers especially. And quite a lot of it is stuff that is of no use to me. I'm an electrical engineer. What use is there in knowing that an acre is 4840 square yards? Or that there are ten chains in a furlong?

We don't (officially) do Imperial units these days.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:39 AM

My latest is easy to remember
It ends with 222

I can remember all my previous ones too
I suppose it's because I had a brain system to remember the order of numbers
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:28 AM

God no I barely know my DOB .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:37 AM

I know both my own and HWMO's mobile number because when we first bought our phones on contract, EE gave us two numbers identical except for the very last digit, which makes them so easy to remember.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top