Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:22 AM

Who Are The Winners And The Losers Of The Coronavirus Outbreak?

I don’t mean the people who have contracted it and died from it.
I was thinking of the companies who will profit by it and those that will lose by it.

The Water companies must be making a bomb. As are the manufacturers of soap and sanitiser products and many others.

The losers at the moment are those with stocks and shares. Football and other sporting companies that will lose out on admission fees etc.
Chinese restaurants and Take- Aways plus other eateries.

Those l’ve mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg.
Can you think of any winners or losers?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:30 AM

Re: Who Are The Winners And The Losers Of The Coronavirus Outbreak?

Once again Art, you were thinking the same as me. Certainly the supermarkets are doing well as are toilet roll manufacturers. Indian restaurants will do well because there is nothing that will ever stop them trading.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:32 AM

My son works for a well known airline as a steward hes just text me to say things are very worrying . Cancellations, planes are going to be grounded and talk of job losses . He has shares in the company as worked there for 25 years and he lost thousands as they dropped 50% .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Once again Art, you were thinking the same as me. Certainly the supermarkets are doing well as are toilet roll manufacturers. Indian restaurants will do well because there is nothing that will ever stop them trading.
...and visa versa! Longy.

There weren’t that many people in the biggish Tesco’s l went to yesterday but maybe the panic buyers houses can’t fit in any more stuff!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
...and visa versa! Longy.

There weren’t that many people in the biggish Tesco’s l went to yesterday but maybe the panic buyers houses can’t fit in any more stuff!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My son works for a well known airline as a steward hes just text me to say things are very worrying . Cancellations, planes are going to be grounded and talk of job losses . He has shares in the company as worked there for 25 years and he lost thousands as they dropped 50% .
What a worrying time for your son and you, susan. The knock on affect is cruel and unending.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 11:56 AM

There will always be someone who will go out of their way to profit from other,s misfortunes and it matters not a hoot to them how much it hurts the sufferers.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Health Centres, Gyms, and swimming pools. There are a lot less people using mine at the moment. Great for me as I'm getting a really good swim in the mornings at the moment.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 12:31 PM

I don't think there will be many winners out of this dreadful virus, Art. But unfortunately, many losers. It seems to be like Cancer, it doesn't discriminate, rich or poor, If we are over a certain age and have underlying health issues, we are fair game with a Bullseye target on our backs!

Oh well, keep calm, keep washing your hands and carry on.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 01:49 PM

Well, these three dudes got it right!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top