Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 03:06 PM

Re: Who Are The Winners And The Losers Of The Coronavirus Outbreak?

Artangel, the media is the intoxicant to those vast sad members of the cult of fear, who cause more damage than what they are initially afraid of.

The pandemic of a globally sick economy has the potential of causing much more harm in the long run.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My son works for a well known airline as a steward hes just text me to say things are very worrying . Cancellations, planes are going to be grounded and talk of job losses . He has shares in the company as worked there for 25 years and he lost thousands as they dropped 50% .
Tell him to keep his shares Susan, what goes down MUST come
up! Even if he loses his job due to cut backs!

Donkeyman!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 03:32 PM

Donkey man. I told him exactly the same saying it will all pass and return again .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 03:41 PM

There are no winners - yet. "Shorting" some stocks if you are used to reading and playing Markets could be a winner over the next few weeks as could taking a long position on others but this unprecedented influence on markets has introduced an uncertainty higher than even during the Great Depression.

The metal market looks very good but it should be viewed as a long term risk though.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:23 PM

I would think holiday cruise companies will be massive losers. Who would be keen to be travelling on a floating disease incubator for a couple of weeks, visiting disease-infested destinations and possibly be stuck on board for week after week in quarantine. Yet more reasons why the idea of a cruise is so unappealing to me!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Once again Art, you were thinking the same as me. Certainly the supermarkets are doing well as are toilet roll manufacturers.
You use a certain amount of toilet paper. Manufacturers make enough to meet that demand whether or not you stockpile it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Donkey man. I told him exactly the same saying it will all pass and return again .
Good for you Susan 👍👍👍

Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

11-03-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I would think holiday cruise companies will be massive losers. Who would be keen to be travelling on a floating disease incubator for a couple of weeks, visiting disease-infested destinations and possibly be stuck on board for week after week in quarantine. Yet more reasons why the idea of a cruise is so unappealing to me!
God help the Antartic Tachy!!
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

11-03-2020, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There are no winners - yet. "Shorting" some stocks if you are used to reading and playing Markets could be a winner over the next few weeks as could taking a long position on others but this unprecedented influence on markets has introduced an uncertainty higher than even during the Great Depression.

The metal market looks very good but it should be viewed as a long term risk though.
Im thinking of cashing in my practicaly zero interest ISA accoun
and invest in airlines?
When do you think the best time to buy is Todger?
Or is it too late allready??

Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Im thinking of cashing in my practicaly zero interest ISA accoun
and invest in airlines?
When do you think the best time to buy is Todger?
Or is it too late allready??

Donkeyman!
Personally I wouldn't touch airlines. They have been operating on too low a margin for too long.

I'm looking at shorting futures but that's just me. It also needs being fleet of foot and having good contacts. Insider trading is illegal but everyone does it that can and at times like this with a ten grand start one can hit at least a mil within a couple of months working European markets.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top