Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 05:46 PM

Re: Black Helicopters

Tabs, were they similar to this?

The ones I have seen round here are usually Police ones.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Police_Helicopters

UK Police Helicopters (except the London Met) have now.all changed to an all black with a yellow top paint scheme. The idea being this is a high visibility design, working on the principle that it is easier to see a black helicopter on grey background than a mainly white version.
Aha - that could be the answer - thank you, May. I did not notice any yellow on them - but then I was looking straight up.

Just found this photo on Google - they were like this one:-

So it looks as though they may have being spying on us!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 06:18 PM

Not us Tabbs you what have you been up to ?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
more than one walk a day?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tabs, were they similar to this?

Very similar, mups!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

30-03-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Nothing! That's my story - and I am sticking to it!!

Originally Posted by d00d ->
OK - who ratted on me!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Six walks perhaps?
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:12 AM

I know where my mate lives at shropshire they have a training base and their helicopters are all dark blue, they look black, lol. he has a farm and they take off from the base and practice low flying over his fields, they can't do really low flying over houses in case they get it wrong, so they do it over his fields. What area are you in, I'll see what I can find out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by sparky ->
I know where my mate lives at shropshire they have a training base and their helicopters are all dark blue, they look black, lol. he has a farm and they take off from the base and practice low flying over his fields, they can't do really low flying over houses in case they get it wrong, so they do it over his fields. What area are you in, I'll see what I can find out.

Hi

I live just over 5 miles away from RAF Shawbury where your mate is near.

It is a training base.

According to some locals they have have been moving helicopters out to other bases to assist in support for the NHS.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I live just over 5 miles away from RAF Shawbury where your mate is near.

It is a training base.

According to some locals they have have been moving helicopters out to other bases to assist in support for the NHS.
That's the one, Shawbury, near tern hill, there's a base for the royal Irish there as well, or there was, they were on about closing it. My mate owns the farm next to Colehurst Manor, just down the road from Ed, Sweetmans haulage place, maybe you know it?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top