Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 09:51 PM

Waitrose staff told to make up time off for virus

Worried Waitrose workers have warned that customers and staff are being put at risk during the coronavirus crisis.

The firm expects staff to recover time they take off for sick family members.

Its 'time bank' system "will mean that some people will continue to show up for work," putting people at risk, a concerned worker told the BBC.

Waitrose said: "Where possible we are asking Partners to time bank, however we are being flexible about when time can be paid back."

So much for their staff's selfless efforts. I'm sure Waitrose has made a mint out of all this and that's how they repay their workers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52191147
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: Waitrose staff told to make up time off for virus

And the government wonders why people are prepared to break health advice!!!. Maybe the government should pay more attention to the statements released by companies still expecting their employees to work and then see why infected people have no choice but to carry on working and it'a all because their employee gives them no choice but to work.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 12:09 AM

Looks like they've done a U-turn.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Looks like they've done a U-turn.

Brilliant! Thanks Judd. Just seen your post.
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 08:55 PM

My firm is similar - a big DELETED firm - where you can take two weeks @36 hours [contracted] off sick a week...being sick with the Covid-19...as long as you pay back 6 hours a week unpaid over the year.

Nobody will understand that sentence. The sentence makes your head hurt.

So I would work a four day week - probably 48 hours, and take home 42, or 6 hours returned to the corporation from a 36 hour week, and eat gravel

I haven't really had so much time to process an opinion. Waiting for friends, our service users, and myself actually to keel over and die soon, guessing next week, or May potentially. We have a radio, gathered around the radio.

Plus side says a George medal shall arrive afterward/plus £10 000 government award, and mortgage from philanthropist, article in local paper, and printing of new rainbow poppy.
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2020, 09:13 PM

Better delete the post, CEO's probably a regular OVER50s.dotcom. Just a fifth sense feeling, y'know? Probably has military connection, me lazered through I-phone. I'll never sleep.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-04-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Matchu ->
Better delete the post, CEO's probably a regular OVER50s.dotcom. Just a fifth sense feeling, y'know? Probably has military connection, me lazered through I-phone. I'll never sleep.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:07 PM

The boss has changed his mind and the staff are going to get paid.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-04-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by percy vere ->
the boss has changed his mind and the staff are going to get paid.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top