Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 05:18 PM

Re: Earth worms question

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Think my daughter dug hers up, she did have a toy spade.
Did she enjoy them?

I should imagine that they'd be a good source of protein, assuming they're properly cleaned before eating.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Did she enjoy them?

I should imagine that they'd be a good source of protein, assuming they're properly cleaned before eating.
I doubt they were washed, she must have taken them straight from the earth.
BTW She didn't suffer any harm, so I guess a bit of dirt doesn't hurt you, nor does eating worms. Mum, me, was horrified though.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I doubt they were washed, she must have taken them straight from the earth.
BTW She didn't suffer any harm, so I guess a bit of dirt doesn't hurt you, nor does eating worms. Mum, me, was horrified though.
My late, lamented father used to say that you'll eat a peck of dirt before you die.

As for eating worms: they are rich in protein. The protein content of dried, powdered earthworm is ~ 57%.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top