Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 07:57 PM

Have You Got Either Of These In Your House?

I would be lost without mine!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	FADA5F41-A197-45EA-ADB4-1B07359C507A.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	12188   Click image for larger version

Name:	046B62B5-3256-4B07-B9BA-F7E9ACE3B59A.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	12189  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 07:58 PM

Re: Have You Got Either Of These In Your House?

Yes to the threader although I don't use it. I lick and squint
What's the other one Art?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes to the threader although I don't use it.
What's the other one Art?
Pesta, It is also a needle threader. In fact, it is quite ingenious in how it works.
My sliver one broke today. I remembered l had the the other threader, that l bought some years ago at the Isle of Wight for a £1 or so. I found it in a drawer but l had forgotten how it worked, so l had to find out from YouTube!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, It is also a needle threader. In fact, it is quite ingenious in how it works.
My sliver one broke today. I remembered l had the the other threader, that l bought some years ago at the Isle of Wight for a £1 or so. I found it in a drawer but l had forgotten how it worked, so l had to find out from YouTube!
Do you have to blow or suck it Arty? Just a guess??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Honestly not seen the 2nd one or even knew it existed! Do us a favour and throw a link so I can see it and see how it works.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:15 PM

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/h...n-action-video

Simple, affordable and reliable, this neat little gadget doesn't require a steady hand or perfect 20/20 vision to use, and does all the intricate tricky work for you. It will work with all standard sizes of needle and comes complete with two needles, ready for use.
But does it work with ALL sizes of thread and eye .....

Nevertheless, it's probably useful for odd jobs .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2020, 08:18 PM

Honestly not seen the 2nd one or even knew it existed! Do us a favour and throw a link so I can see it and see how it works.
Pesta, I did find a link but Omah beat me to it!

Thanks Omah.

To answer your question, l have only used it with normal sized sewing needles and ordinary cotton thread.

The threader on the other side has a wider bit that pushes the thread out, so l’d imagine that side is for bigger eyed needles and thicker threads?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-04-2020, 08:22 PM

Wow! What a brilliant contraption!!!

Is it an old item? Do they still sell them? Not that I want one, nowt like a bit of spit and squint
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:25 PM

Is it an old item? Do they still sell them? Not that I want one, nowt like a bit of spit and squint
Follow my link in the thread above - on sale at £4.36.

Here's another, at £3.98:

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/h...der-view-large
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-04-2020, 08:29 PM

When l was searching for how to use it as l didn’t understand the instruction sheet! I did see them for sale for £2.99 but l am not sure if that includes postage?

The telephone number on the instruction sheet is....01983 290494 (Mr Pearce).

I bought it in about 2002!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top