Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:37 PM

Re: Have You Got Either Of These In Your House?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l was searching for how to use it as l didn’t understand the instruction sheet! I did see them for sale for £2.99 but l am not sure if that includes postage?

The telephone number on the instruction sheet is....01983 290494 (Mr Pearce).

I bought it in about 2002!

I have my electric sewing machine from the 1970s I think it is, with the old instructions booklet. I don't use it much now, I find it quite relaxing to hand sew stuff rather than whizzing through. Makes me feel I've accomplished something
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I have my electric sewing machine from the 1970s I think it is, with the old instructions booklet. I don't use it much now, I find it quite relaxing to hand sew stuff rather than whizzing through. Makes me feel I've accomplished something

I have an old hand Singer sewing machine that l bought for £3 at a jumble sale in the late 1980’s.
I made curtains for the bedroom and a throw with a frill for the a double bed with it!

I like to sew and make do but l can no longer thread a needle using my eyes and aiming!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:03 PM

I used to have one of these:

Last seen in 1987 .....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:03 PM

I had my grannies old Singer sewing machine, which I ended up giving to a junk shop. They looked so lovely with their designs. I wished I'd had a treadle type.

I made lots of curtains on that old machine for our boat and a couple of other boaters in the club. By the time I'd finished I never even wanted to think about another bloody stupidly shaped curtain never mind make them.

Edited: Omah, you posted a treadle piccie at the same time I was thinking I wish I'd had one
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:13 PM

Edited: Omah, you posted a treadle piccie at the same time I was thinking I wish I'd had one
You can buy the one that I've posted from Ebay - £399:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114069222083

Antique Singer 15k Treadle Sewing Machine c1905
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-04-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
You can buy the one that I've posted from Ebay - £399:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114069222083

Antique Singer 15k Treadle Sewing Machine c1905

That's a beautie Omah. Sadly I've no room here. Are you getting much interest?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:48 PM

I had my grannies old Swinger sewing machine, which I ended up giving to a junk shop. They looked so lovely with their designs. I wished I'd had a treadle type.

I made lots of curtains on that old machine for our boat and a couple of other boaters in the club. By the time I'd finished I never even wanted to think about another bloody stupidly shaped curtain never mind make them.

That's made me remember my Mum's old Singer too.
I remember the black and gold machine and the treadle platform underneath.
Gosh, that seems another world now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 10:05 PM

I had my grannies old Swinger sewing machine, which I ended up giving to a junk shop. They looked so lovely with their designs. I wished I'd had a treadle type.

Was it called a 'Swinger' because it got passed around all the housewives in your street Pesta.....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-04-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's made me remember my Mum's old Singer too.
I remember the black and gold machine and the treadle platform underneath.
Gosh, that seems another world now.

It was
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-04-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Was it called a 'Swinger' because it got passed around all the housewives in your street Pesta.....

OOooops

I feel an Edit moment coming ........

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top