Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 10:53 AM

Re: Non essential shops

Perhaps some of you could identify absolutely non-essential shops.

My opening gambit includes:
Manicure shops
Hair extension shops
Pet grooming shops
Most clothes shops
Michelin star restaurants
Amusement arcades
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 11:36 AM

I normally like to buy 1 or 2 summer shirts, maybe summer shoes and/or shorts this time of year. And have hols and days out planned. I feel like I've got no future, nothing to look forward to. Is this virus ever going away?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 11:49 AM

This morning I suddenly realised that it is Easter this weekend so I called in at the supermarket and bought an extra 3 litre bottle of milk.

As for essential and non essential the Government has defined them. There is broad agreement supermarkets, service stations, allied health (pharmacy, chiropractic, physiotherapy, psychology, dental) and banks are essential business and services.

Similarly freight, logistics and home delivery are also considered essential. Australia Post says posties and delivery drivers continue but some posts offices are temporarily closed.

Grog shops can stay open but many are now imposing restrictions on how much people can buy.

The government has moved to progressively add more business, services and activities to its “non-essential services” list which must remain closed.

This includes cafés, food courts, pubs, licensed clubs (sports clubs), bars, beauty and personal care services, entertainment venues, leisure and recreation (gyms, theme parks), galleries, museums and libraries.

Some of these entities do have exceptions. A café can remain open for take-away only. A hairdresser or barber can trade if they comply with the one person per four square-metre rule.

Others remain convoluted, such as outdoor and indoor markets (farmers markets), which are a decision for each state and territory.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top