Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 01:17 PM

I wouldn't mind having a go at that.

With more time on my than usual, I been thinking about new things I would like to try/do.

I have always wanted to try Fishing, fly fishing that is. Walking up and down river banks and lakes, getting away from all the hustle n bustle, seems very relaxing to me.

I'd also love to have a go at Clay pigeon shooting, why ! I don't really know, but would love to have a go.

Sculpture is another one, and I reckon I'd be at that to.

Have anyone else ever thought about, or wished they could try something, perhaps a bit different to their norm.

Maybe join ...

A UFO group
Archery
Write a book
A Detectorist

Or anything else, or even a few suggestions that some might think......
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 01:20 PM

Re: I wouldn't mind having a go at that.

Shooting is out, Marciniak. My son an avid shooter can't, they have closed all the ranges for now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 03:46 PM

I have always wanted to join an astronomy group but have never quite got around to it, despite the fact there is an observatory just a few miles away.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 03:52 PM

I tried fly fishing (fluff flinging ) - resulted in carpal tunnel syndrome.

Clay pigeon shooting - tried that too but you can't eat the clays.

Archery - tried that (ex's aunt and uncle were toxophilites that shot for their county team) but didn't see the point to it really.

I much prefer the more sedentary pursuit of coarse fishing.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have always wanted to join an astronomy group but have never quite got around to it, despite the fact there is an observatory just a few miles away.
You can do that from home, if you have binoculars or a telescope. There are sites on the net to help with identifying constellations etc.
You also need clear sky of course.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 04:57 PM

Virtual Skiing.

https://www.snowplaza.co.uk/blog/166...ng-room/:cool:
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Shooting is out, Marciniak. My son an avid shooter can't, they have closed all the ranges for now.

Fishing is out, too - well according to my neighbour it is.
His fishing club is closed.
He goes several times a week normally and he's got withdrawel symptoms.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
With more time on my than usual, I been thinking about new things I would like to try/do.

I have always wanted to try Fishing, fly fishing that is. Walking up and down river banks and lakes, getting away from all the hustle n bustle, seems very relaxing to me.

I'd also love to have a go at Clay pigeon shooting, why ! I don't really know, but would love to have a go.

Sculpture is another one, and I reckon I'd be at that to.

Have anyone else ever thought about, or wished they could try something, perhaps a bit different to their norm.

Maybe join ...

A UFO group
Archery
Write a book
A Detectorist

Or anything else, or even a few suggestions that some might think......
AS a signed up member of the C.P.P.S. I am against your second idea of shooting.

Oh The C.P.P.S? is the Clay Pigeon Protection Society.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2020, 05:49 PM

@ Tiffany and Mups....... I was thinking of things to do after this virus is gone.

realspeed I'm sure The C.P.P.S. is a worthy cause, which I would respect by no doubt Missing the buggers.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

09-04-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Fishing is out, too - well according to my neighbour it is.
His fishing club is closed.
He goes several times a week normally and he's got withdrawel symptoms.
So has my son, they, his club, were due to go to Bisley, they go every year, but can't this year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top