Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:04 PM

One of the few 'upsides' of coronavirus …

I thought this a really heartening, happy story in all the justified gloom and doom of this coronavirus and the sadness that it's meant for many of us.

Well worth a read I reckon and perhaps your comments after doing so?

"The lockdown has been an absolutely fantastic silver lining for us. It's given us an opportunity to make up for lost time."

"Sue Bremner and her husband David, from Shropshire, are stranded in New Zealand due to the coronoavirus pandemic.

But it's given Sue the chance to get to know her long-lost sister Margaret Hannay – who she didn't know existed for more than 40 years."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52233889
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:11 PM

Re: One of the few 'upsides' of coronavirus …

That is lovely, Baz.
Good the sisters have been able to get to know each other better.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is lovely, Baz.
Good the sisters have been able to get to know each other better.
Thanks for your comment Tiffany. Yes, I thought so too. There's nothing any of us can do about what's happening with coronavirus, other than following the rules. However, we can allow our spirits to be lifted by a positive story such as this in amongst all the negatives at the moment.

Come on the rest of you on here, let's have your positive comments too!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Thanks for your comment Tiffany. Yes, I thought so too. There's nothing any of us can do about what's happening with coronavirus, other than following the rules. However, we can allow our spirits to be lifted by a positive story such as this in amongst all the negatives at the moment.

Come on the rest of you on here, let's have your positive comments too!
Like l read somewhere, l can now get three weeks to a gallon in my car.... but that will be higher now things are getting stricter!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 02:16 PM

Every cloud has a silver lining and all that

I think CV-19 will teach us the real values of things like freedom, family, responsibility and respect. Once this is over I really do hope society will be much kinder and thoughtful than it was before this happened.
Baz46

10-04-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Like l read somewhere, l can now get three weeks to a gallon in my car.... but that will be higher now things are getting stricter!
Yes, I know what you mean Artangel. My car was serviced and MoTd on 12 March, since then I have only driven about 40 miles! Fuel prices are really dropping now too. Latest price per litre unleaded here is £1.08, it wasn't that long ago it was £1.22 a litre. Supply and demand as well as recent drops in price per barrel set by Saudi Arabia, will account for this I expect. As soon as this lockdown is over I guess prices will increase.

Checking just now there is also some talk of some petrol stations being forced to close, due to the low prices and also lack of demand.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...lummet-2525166
Baz46

10-04-2020, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

I think CV-19 will teach us the real values of things like freedom, family, responsibility and respect. Once this is over I really do hope society will be much kinder and thoughtful than it was before this happened.
Yes, real values. Changes in society are badly needed – those values that have been missing in society for some years now. Let's hope for all our sakes there are lots of changes for the better, like those you mention.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

It will for a while Bread but like the war, most of the younger generations will forget what went on here in 2020....
History has a habit of getting distorted and mis represented...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 06:28 AM

Lovely story...it's such a shame their dad didn't live to see the reunion...good luck to them all I hope they all make it to Ludlow Castle as planned

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top