Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 03:01 PM

Traffic.

I had a look at the web cams for the M5 & A38, Hardly any traffic at all, only the odd lorry & car, no caravans being towed or camper vans spotted. Maybe it is getting through to people.
Try them in your area people & see if those are quiet too?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 03:35 PM

Re: Traffic.

There have been several couples and joggers going past our house today - I'm hoping they are all out for their hour's exercise or walk.

Many people out on their bikes too...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 03:38 PM

Same here. Quite a few family groups out and about too.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:08 PM

I've looking at the webcams all over, and have noticed especially the coastal resorts with this sunny weather.....there's been an increase in activity of people and vehicles.

But most seem to be couples or families who obey the distance rule.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I've looking at the webcams all over, and have noticed especially the coastal resorts with this sunny weather.....there's been an increase in activity of people and vehicles.

But most seem to be couples or families who obey the distance rule.
Hopefully people who actually live there also.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Hopefully people who actually live there also.

We can hope thats the case.

Human nature, as people become more relaxed they'll push the rules........ Problem is this attitude could bring about a stricter lockdown.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:31 PM

It's the same in the air lanes too. I checked on the flight radar and there are only a few up there with most of those being freighters.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:46 PM

Living in close proximity to Gatwick it took a little while to get used to the lack of activity in the blue yonder. At first the skies seemed almost eerily quiet, now it seems just plain peaceful. I almost feel guilty for saying that.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 04:58 PM

I’ve heard a few boy racers bombing past here! They think they are F1 racing drivers racing in the Grand Prix!
I bet they are loving the empty roads... there’s never a police patrol car about to catch them though!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

10-04-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
It's the same in the air lanes too. I checked on the flight radar and there are only a few up there with most of those being freighters.
Originally Posted by Westender ->
Living in close proximity to Gatwick it took a little while to get used to the lack of activity in the blue yonder. At first the skies seemed almost eerily quiet, now it seems just plain peaceful. I almost feel guilty for saying that.
It's a quiet sky here too, apart from the odd helicopter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top