Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 04:26 AM

Hair Today

Isolation gives us a chance to take stock and realise that most of us have acquired far too many material things that we really do not need.
However the Charity shops are not open just now and I have Ten bags ready to go. and refuse collection has been cut down.

Apparently Amazon is even busier than ever delivery parcels in large cardboard boxes with one small item inside.
Yet Fashion Shops send out expensive garments squashed up in Black polythene bags.

Perhaps we are going to become Long Haired Hippys?
Many people do not have friends or relations to cut their hair
And another thing, why do Men with no hair, sell expensive Hair Lotions and Potions product on line?

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 06:13 AM

Re: Hair Today

My daughter bought a hair clipper from Amazon and clipped both my SIL and my grandsons hair yesterday... they posted the results on our family WhatsApp ....they both look like criminals
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
My daughter bought a hair clipper from Amazon and clipped both my SIL and my grandsons hair yesterday... they posted the results on our family WhatsApp ....they both look like criminals
Ha! HA!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 10:53 AM

Azure, l think the situation does put things into perspective about what really is important in your life.
I look in drawers and think, why do l keep these bits and bobs... but saying that, l was glad that l had kept an old tap/hose connector when the existing one broke on Friday.
I got soaked trying to fix it as l had no idea of what went where.
Thank Goodness for YouTube!

Youtube also helped me located a wadge of hair that was obstructing the suction on my old Dyson14.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, l think the situation does put things into perspective about what really is important in your life.
I look in drawers and think, why do l keep these bits and bobs... but saying that, l was glad that l had kept an old tap/hose connector when the existing one broke on Friday.

Youtube also helped me located a wadge of hair that was obstructing the suction on my old Dyson14.
I love Youtube.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 12:21 PM

I used my new hair clippers a few days ago. It is the first time I have ever used clippers and my hair was just starting to get a bit tatty looking. Mrs LD said that it didn't look any different. Perfect, I thought.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 01:54 PM

I was due a good hair do day next Tuesday, it aint gonna happen now is it. My hair will be a right mess when all this is over & there will be a very long waiting list for the hairdressers too.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 02:16 PM

I think women should show Isolation Solidarity and get a nice Guard 2 or 3 with some hair trimmers. It could set a new fashion trend. **

Seriously though, one blessing is I no longer have to shave every morning and my beard is growing nicely. I've never had one before.

EDIT: ** Thinking about it, it may come to that!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

12-04-2020, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Yes Artangel, YouTube is a Fountain of Knowledge with pictures
Last week I got instructions .how to reset the Central Heating Boiler, and get a Cuisinart Blender working. Very good as tradesmen will not call now only in emergency.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 03:21 PM

I have a pair of sub standard clippers, they don't work very well with the attachments so it's a zero all over. The result looks brutal but it soon starts to grow out.

My teenage son is going to need a trim in the near future. I think it's about time to order some decent hairdressers scissors in readiness, it could get interesting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top