Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 11:17 AM

What Comes Next?

I wonder what will happen in 3 months or 6 months time?

It is becoming clear that things will not go back to the way they were. Cheap international air travel could be a thing of the past and I would guess that the cruise industry is going to be so crippled that it will be unlikely to return in its current form for many years.

In Australia we are being told that it is unlikely that our international borders will be opened before Christmas with one minister suggesting it might be another 12 months.

All the changes that are being forced on us now might become more common ie working from home, remote schooling, social distancing etc

Will Universities be transformed to much smaller physical spaces with most activities taking place on line?.

The epidemic has shown how important some jobs are for example health care workers, supermarket employees, transport drivers etc.

What do you think? Will life changed so much in the future? What do you think the future holds?
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 11:47 AM

Re: What Comes Next?

How things will change I believe depends on a Vaccine and when/If one os ready.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
How things will change I believe depends on a Vaccine and when/If one os ready.
A vaccine, if there is ever one, is at least 18 months away.

Remember that there has never been a successful vaccine for SARS. I think you have to look at the future probably without a vaccine. The best hope is more likely to be anti viral treatments like AIDS.

Anyway the future for at least a couple of years according to the experts is probably living with the virus and restricting its spread. So what does the future look like in that scenario?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 11:55 AM

Agree with you, the new normal will alleviate a wide range of problems. 1984 is reality.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 12:33 PM

There are too many unknowns to guess at the moment, the infected recovered ones will always pose a transmission threat so would have to adhere to current rules, also, it is still unclear if an infected person can be re-infected.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Agree with you, the new normal will alleviate a wide range of problems. 1984 is reality.
I have just read a report from the Washington Post that says Totalitarianism could be the result of this virus.
I have been thinking for the last few weeks that 1984 will become a reality and have thought of many reasons why this could have been a conspiracy.

Some parts of the Lockdown are quite pleasant, like....
Cleaner air, less traffic noise, less violent crimes.

Loss of lives will mean that healthcare costs will be reduced & I suspect that will reduce the amount of money being paid in pensions.
I would not be surprised if life is very different in the future ,but I have no idea if that will be a good or a bad thing!

We may end up staying home for work & pleasure & only communicating with others via video links>
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 12:48 PM

I'm just dreading the arrival of Covid20 or 21...............
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 12:58 PM

Who would trust the pharma giants,remember Thalidomide,since then there is supposed to be rigorous testing,a vaccine needs to be safe without side effects down the line.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 01:00 PM

I wonder in twelve months down the line we will look back and say remember last easter.How we were told to stay away from people,now look at us up close and personal again.Question,does any one know any one who as actually been tested and confirmed with the virus.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 01:03 PM

Apparently Cruise bookings are higher than last year!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...e-coronavirus/

A lot of other unexpected outcomes to come, no doubt.

Also, the Insurance Companies must be rubbing their hands!

There's nowt so queer as folk...!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top