Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:10 PM

Re: Live Aid concert 13 July 1985

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nostalgia, is it worth the paper its not written on?

Yes, it gives people a 'feel good' factor
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 11:21 PM

I remember it had been a lovely day and a lovely long warm evening. I watched it at home in London. I had recently bought a new Pioneer stereo system (remember them?) so turned the sound down on the TV and listened through the stereo. My windows and doors were still open at 10pm but it didn't matter because everyone was watching.

I remember it as one of those 'moments in time' that you never forget.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 12:52 AM

Not sure about the paper but it's there in my mind and I wouldn't "delete" it for quids.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Great question!..I was living in London when Live Aid was on. I didn't get to the concert though no..my bad...It was a warm day. Everybody there was calling it "hot". We thought that was funny but. But everybody was happy so that's all that mattered. BUt!.. I DID see Led Zeppelin in Sydney in 1972. I had just arrived back home after living my teenage years on the West Coast. What a great homecoming gift that was.
Well Led Zeppelin must have been awesome!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Not going to Live Aid is the biggest regret of my life. I am bitterly disappointed and forever upset I didn't make the effort to see the best performer that ever lived in my eyes................FREDDIE MERCURY AND QUEEN.

Freddie and Queen stole the whole show with his magnificent showmanship.

In Elton Johns words “You bastards, you stole the show,”

They sure did.

The many times I've watched Queens performance I am so, so jealous of those lucky people in that audience. Wow what a talking point for the rest of ones life.

So I have to live with the fact I never got to see my Idol forever.

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.
Yes! They stole the show! It must have been amazing in that stadium!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

30-11-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
That's why I regret not going. When I look back at recordings of the event and seeing Freddie do the 'dee daa, dee daa' thing where the whole crowd at Wembley copies him, knowing that not everyone in the crowd is a Queen fan because there are people in the crowd who are fans of other artists who were there but he got nearly everyone to follow along with him, THAT is something extremely special, a one in a life time experience that will never ever be repeated.
He had the crowd eating out of his hand! It was incredible!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

30-11-2020, 06:01 PM

Absolutely yes!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 10:25 AM

35 years on Queen's performance is still a kind of magic.

Sadly, the problem of famine remains.

Andy Kershaw, who presented some of the BBC’s
Live Aid coverage, says in his autobiography, No Off Switch:

“This was another parade of the same old rock aristocracy in a concert for Africa, organised by someone who, while advertising his concern for, and sympathy with, the continent, didn’t see fit to celebrate or dignify the place by including on the Live Aid bill a single African performer.”

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top