Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:21 PM

I Would Like To Buy A Turkey For Christmas But.....

I have nowhere to put it as my freezers are full.
Any ideas as how l could resolve this problem as l am worried there will be a shortage of turkeys this year.

I know l can rely on all of you to give me some real good sound advice as to how l can resolve my major problem.

As usual, funny or serious replies..... l need a laugh whilst trying to come to terms with Tier 3!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:38 PM

Re: I Would Like To Buy A Turkey For Christmas But.....

Order it from your local butcher and tell him you'll pick it up 4 days before Crimbo. That should give it time to thaw out.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:49 PM

Buy a live turkey. Then you can start flavouring it by feeding it with some stuffing, and cull it when needed.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:51 PM

Buy a live one art, feed it up until a couple of days before, then tell him you have a special surprise waiting for him in the knife drawer....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have nowhere to put it as my freezers are full.
Any ideas as how l could resolve this problem as l am worried there will be a shortage of turkeys this year.

I know l can rely on all of you to give me some real good sound advice as to how l can resolve my major problem.

As usual, funny or serious replies..... l need a laugh whilst trying to come to terms with Tier 3!
Ask your daughter if you can freeze it in hers,Art....haven’t you got 5 daughters?....take your pick?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Buy a live turkey. Then you can start flavouring it by feeding it with some stuffing, and cull it when needed.

Is that what you do?...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Is that what you do?...
Nope. We've gone off turkey, so will have chicken and ham instead.

But, given that Art is a closet homicidal lunatic, thought that killing a turkey by ripping it's throat out with her teeth might also prove to be an additional treat for her.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Order it from your local butcher and tell him you'll pick it up 4 days before Crimbo. That should give it time to thaw out.
Percy, That’s a great idea but l think a turkey from the butcher would be very expensive?
Perhaps, you could arrange a whip-round for the a ‘needy’ lady at Christmas, l would be very grateful!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:51 PM

Either have a 'pig out' on what's currently in the freezer to make space, defrost some and give to the birds and other animals or give some stuff to the homeless or buy a cheap small freezer just to put the turkey in
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 06:54 PM

They'll be even scarcer now, they have bird flu in North Yorkshire and are having to cull thousands of the poor beasts...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top