Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:28 PM

Re: I Would Like To Buy A Turkey For Christmas But.....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have nowhere to put it as my freezers are full.
Any ideas as how l could resolve this problem as l am worried there will be a shortage of turkeys this year.

I know l can rely on all of you to give me some real good sound advice as to how l can resolve my major problem.

As usual, funny or serious replies..... l need a laugh whilst trying to come to terms with Tier 3!
Do what I've done Art .... my daughter has mine in her freezer until I have room in mine.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:34 PM

Well Dextrous, l can always depend on you for good ideas!!
What flavoured stuffing should l feed it on?
Wouldn’t it fly away in fright at me saying the words, ’Come on Turkey Lurkey, here’s your Thyme and Parsley flavoured stuffing?
You could try feeding them with pigs in blankets. This would mean not having to store the porcine products, and hence create even more fridge space
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 07:59 PM

I have nowhere to put it as my freezers are full.
Any ideas as how l could resolve this problem as l am worried there will be a shortage of turkeys this year.

I know l can rely on all of you to give me some real good sound advice as to how l can resolve my major problem.

As usual, funny or serious replies..... l need a laugh whilst trying to come to terms with Tier 3!
Buy a Turkey that’s still alive, fatten it up and let it offer up it’s tasty meat for your dinner. Don’t break any municipal laws though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Either have a 'pig out' on what's currently in the freezer to make space, defrost some and give to the birds and other animals or give some stuff to the homeless or buy a cheap small freezer just to put the turkey in
Dodge, l am thinking this too.
When my youngest daughter was last here, she put a big bag of ice in one of my freezers. I thought about dumping that and replacing it with a turkey. It seems a waste of a bag of ice that may be needed at Christmas.
Decisions Decisions!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
They'll be even scarcer now, they have bird flu in North Yorkshire and are having to cull thousands of the poor beasts...

Oh Barry, when l saw you had posted, l felt sheer confidence flow over me... then l read your post and l am now filled with dread and panic!

So l ask.... where were you, when l needed you the most?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I’ve got it art, you need to do a snow dance, this involves going out at midnight completely naked except for one wellington ( left or right it doesn’t matter) you have to dance around the garden chanting “ iamanee..diot,”. very fast, then when it snows you can put your frozen turkey in a snowdrift and keep it frozen until Christmas
Your welcome...
Primus, l did that last year and was arrested!
Any more good ideas? Hurry up as.... I’ve got my wellies at the ready!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Order a fresh Turkey and ask them to keep it by and pick it up the day before Christmas and cook it.
Susie, What? No invite to yours?

Tut Tut, l am disappointed. I would have brought a prezzie for your cat too!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Do what I've done Art .... my daughter has mine in her freezer until I have room in mine.

Mags, By now, you’ll have room in your freezer for my turkey.
I tell you what... you go to the supermarket tomorrow, buy me a ready basted turkey and get a carrier to deliver it to my house around 24th December.
Whilst you’re there, get yourself some Almond Magnums... my treat!

I will pay you the cost but knowing you are such a caring sharing forum moderator... you will waive the charge. You are so kind!

Errrrm.... did l hear you swear just then?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 09:00 PM

Dodge, l am thinking this too.
When my youngest daughter was last here, she put a big bag of ice in one of my freezers. I thought about dumping that and replacing it with a turkey. It seems a waste of a bag of ice that may be needed at Christmas.
Decisions Decisions!!
If you decant and wrap individual ice cubes in cling film, I'm sure you'll be able to retain enough of them here and there in the freezer on the off chance that they're needed.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2020, 09:04 PM

Buy another freezer,Art.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top