Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 10:36 AM

Re: Is this a coincidence with Brexit?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes, stupidity and ignorance does touch a nerve, you're right.
Thank you, for your warm & pleasant comments.

Marry Christmas!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Let him be right.As long as he stays there and doesn't come here.
We are already there, P.

In Mount Martha.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I predict that a deal will be announced as part of all this chaos and it will be portrayed as a success!
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A few days ago I said :

Next I will be predicting the winning lottery numbers....
No! Brexit happened because I prayed for it.

The power of prayer!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Thank you, for your warm & pleasant comments.

Marry Christmas!
You're welcome.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No! Brexit happened because I prayed for it.

The power of prayer!
Perhaps we should all sing Kumbaya or something now? We certainly need a miracle given the spanner Covid has thrown.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nonsense! That doesn't explain the success of countries like Japan, Thailand and Taiwan. Australia and NZ may have low populations in comparison with their total area but it can only be your lack of understanding of population distribution that make you say such rubbish. Australia is among the most urbanised populations on the planet.

for example - NSW has a population of 8 million, 5 million of whom live in Sydney the rest live in Newcastle and Wollongong (didn't you realise that NSW stands for Newcastle Sydney Wollongong?)

The real difference is governments that took scientific advice to protect the health of its citizens. They acted quickly to completely shut International borders, locked down and contained the virus. This has lead to a fast economic recovery. It is by no means even close to perfect, there have been hiccups with the second wave lockdown of Melbourne (Victoria population = 6 million, Melbourne = 4.5 Million) and the Avalon Cluster still active in Sydney but it has been effective.

NZ shutdown even harder and faster because they went for elimination of the virus rather than Australia's containment strategy, their economic recovery is even better than ours.

On the other hand Boris and his croneys said bugger the health of citizens, bugger scientific advice, the economy is far more important, keep operating as near normal as possible. Result - a bigger lockdown, deaths on an industrial scale threatening to overwhelm the health system and an economy in a tailspin.

If you think the UK government's performance has been any thing other than incompetent then you are either blinded by patriotism, have very low expectations based on past experience or Boris is a mate.
For what it’s worth, I agree with you. We have friends in Aus. ( Queensland) and we envy the approach to Covid over there. I hasten to add that Jacinda Ardern is a bit of a heroine in Scotland unlike Boris, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Farage etc, who are toxic here.
Anyway, all the best for 2021. Now wait for the possible response to this by some on here who don’t represent the “outward” looking English folks I know.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
For what it’s worth, I agree with you. We have friends in Aus. ( Queensland) and we envy the approach to Covid over there. I hasten to add that Jacinda Ardern is a bit of a heroine in Scotland unlike Boris, Gove, Rees-Mogg, Farage etc, who are toxic here.
Anyway, all the best for 2021. Now wait for the possible response to this by some on here who don’t represent the “outward” looking English folks I know.
Fortunately when officially asked most of your fellow countrypeople disagreed with your anti-UK stance.
So don't feel that you have to stay part of a union you hate when your country's majority would rather stay; I'm sure your Oz pals would be pleased to have you join them there.
Or is there a chance that the reality is that you may not be elligible to be allowed to?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 01:00 PM

For what it's worth weedeek, when this is all over, I think Boris will probably go down as one of the best Prime Ministers since the war.
Dealing with four of the worst things that has tried to enter or annoy this country since Hitler.

(1) Covid19!

(2) Brussels!

(3) Keir Starmer! (tosser) and the Labour party.

(4) Nicola Sturgeon and some angry Scotsmen! Or are we on the forum just harassed by the Angry Scotsmen?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 03:08 PM

Hi

Simple fact of life.

The truckers are moving again because of Covid Testing.

We did not do it all ourselves, we are reliant upon French Firefighters and the Polish Military to help us out.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
For what it's worth weedeek, when this is all over, I think Boris will probably go down as one of the best Prime Ministers since the war.
Dealing with four of the worst things that has tried to enter or annoy this country since Hitler.

(1) Covid19!

(2) Brussels!

(3) Keir Starmer! (tosser) and the Labour party.

(4) Nicola Sturgeon and some angry Scotsmen! Or are we on the forum just harassed by the Angry Scotsmen?
Hey!
I'm not angry - and I'm not pro-SNP either, and there's lots of us here too.
Rational, sensible Scots.
It's just that the noisiest ones are always the angry pro-SNP mob that prefer "interference" as a strategy, just like you see elsewhere.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest.
If he (Boris) reforms the House of Lords, the Civil Service AND gets us buying British-made in preference to outside sources for our military, infrastructure etc. too then it will be a certainty that he will be revered.
The best bit is that he's already started!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top