Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:23 PM

Re: Do you wash?

Originally Posted by carol ->
Your shopping!

I have been ticked off by a friend because I put my shopping straight away when I've been to the supermarket.

Friend washes all his shopping with hot soapy water & clean towel before putting it away - even frozen food.

I wondered if anybody else washed their shopping & ought I to start?
No, I don't, but I do wash my hands after I've put it in the freezer or fridge or cupboard. I don't think you can catch Covid from items anyway, you need to be breathed on.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:45 PM

No. never washed shopping. It seems a ludicrous thing to do even today, although I do wipe over apples before I eat them - sometimes but only to try and rid them of wax that's used to make them shiny.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:47 PM

Nope. Never wash things brought into the house.

There's "reasonable" precaution and "OTT" precaution. Think some of you are a bit OTT, but I understand your reasoning and respect it.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've read that the risk from paper is virtually zero. It's too porous to sustain the virus for any significant time.
Also, consider the time/days in the mail before it reaches you. And the temps, hot, cold,back to warm.
It's the droplets in the air that will get you, not handling papers. Wash your hands after, and wear your mask!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:26 PM

On a perfect surface, steel, plastic etc, the virus has a maximum infective life of about 72 hours, on surfaces not perfect, the transmission rate is negligible and the viruses life much reduced, we were told this at the start and presume this situation has not changed.

One question that has never been answered to my knowledge is, if you have a trace of virus on your hand, how many other objects can it be transferred to? Any Virologists in the house.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:38 PM

Does anyone disinfect their mobile phone, computer keyboard and mouse, tv remote, and telephone, car keys?
These are all things we touch frequently.

When I get home I always wash my hands thoroughly, plus my face incase I may have germs from the mask, and I give my nose a good blow too, just incase I've inhaled anything.

As for shopping, no, I admit I don't wash all the bags and containers.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Nope. Never wash things brought into the house.

There's "reasonable" precaution and "OTT" precaution. Think some of you are a bit OTT, but I understand your reasoning and respect it.
Ditto. I only wash apples before I consume them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ditto. I only wash apples before I consume them.

I always thoroughly wash most fruits anyway, not because of this wretched virus but because of all the chemicals growers spray on them. Same with tomatoes.

Strawberries are the worst affected, because we don't peel the skins off like Oranges or bananas. Also they are so porous, any 'treatments' strawberries gets absorbed anyway.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
On a perfect surface, steel, plastic etc, the virus has a maximum infective life of about 72 hours, on surfaces not perfect, the transmission rate is negligible and the viruses life much reduced, we were told this at the start and presume this situation has not changed.

One question that has never been answered to my knowledge is, if you have a trace of virus on your hand, how many other objects can it be transferred to? Any Virologists in the house.

Who gives a flying toss - if your going to get it, you'll get it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Who gives a flying toss - if your going to get it, you'll get it.
That's one of the problems with the Human Race!!!!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top