Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Re: What is your absolute greatest fear?

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can remember being stuck in my tracks with fear, I couldn’t move, a lady came to my rescue, she led me to a seat, to this day I remember it, I was paralysed with fear....looking back it was ridiculous ,but it felt real at the time. All in the mind.
Bad acid can have that effect.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not to my knowledge. Both my parents suffered from strokes.
Maddie the cat suffers from 'Strokes' Todger....
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 10:35 PM

Getting trapped or stuck somewhere.

This fear started after someone I didn’t know tried to run me over in his car and nearly ran me into a house. i have always been slightly claustrophobic but it became fullblown and I was diagnosed with PTSD. It was so bad that if I was in a traffic queue I felt trapped and had a meltdown because I couldn’t go forwards or backwards. Same on buses. Planes I can only do about 3 hours and that’s with medication and I am first off the plane. i don’t like being in anybody’s car when their doors lock and I don’t even like it if I am in the doctors and obviously they close the door.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 09:07 AM

That's bad Flowerpower, an all encompassing fear, the worst kind.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 11:59 AM

That is bad Flowerpower, flying must be quite nerve-racking for you....And you have just made me remember something that would probably be my most worst fear.

I sometimes wake in the night and am unable to speak or move my arms and legs for a few moments. I would hate for someone to think I've died when I haven't, and go through all the processes of being prepared as a corpse. I have heard of this happening, where they were almost buried before anyone realised. Some people must have been buried or cremated when they hadn't in fact died....

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top