Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:46 PM

Re: Do you have a strong accent?

If everyone could come out, this could be an EPIC thread
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:47 PM

Californian with a little southern American slipping in from time to time. When I am in California I am told that I speak like a southerner and when I am in Florida, I am told I speak like someone from the west coast. That means that people are generally happier when I don't talk at all!

By the way, Southern accents portrayed in most television shows and movies are embarrassingly exaggerated and usually don't match the locale in the scripts. Tom Hanks accent in "Forrest Gump" comes to mind as one that makes me cringe.

I love accents though. The make for good spice.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Back along I wasn't Devonian.

Posh is fine, Minx. I talks a bit of Middlesex, a bit of London & a bit Devonshire.
I’m reading your comment trying to imagine your accent
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Californian with a little southern American slipping in from time to time. When I am in California I am told that I speak like a southerner and when I am in Florida, I am told I speak like someone from the west coast. That means that people are generally happier when I don't talk at all!

By the way, Southern accents portrayed in most television shows and movies are embarrassingly exaggerated and usually don't match the locale in the scripts. Tom Hanks accent in "Forrest Gump" comes to mind as one that makes me cringe.

I love accents though. It makes for good spice.
Forgive me, I revert to CNN reporters’s accents when I read your posts
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by minx ->
forgive me, i keep reverting to cnn reporters accents when i read your posts
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
But if you prefer Fox, I’ll switch
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:52 PM

Bbc english, circa 1950's You Oiks
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:55 PM

Soft Hebridan Brogue, Highland and Island English is the variety of Scottish English spoken by many in the Scottish Highlands and the Hebrides. It is more strongly influenced by Gaelic than other forms of Scottish English.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 09:00 PM

Welsh accent and proud of it.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 09:02 PM

I like the Scottish accent.There's a lot around here and no matter how long they've been here it's still as strong as when they got off the plane.
I don't have much of a Welsh accent but everyone thinks I'm Irish.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top