Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 04:30 PM

Re: Vaccinating Celebs

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
No problem.Pesta. The cost of the vaccine itself is (I think) somewhere between £8 and £30, depending on the supplier. Not sure whether that's per jab or per 2 jab treatment. The staff involved in administering it, including the admin behind it, will also be getting paid.

If someone is paying privately, then they will be paying for these costs directly. So, the NHS will not be picking up the tab.

Geddit now?

The only moral question is whether those who pay for the vaccine are jumping the queue for their dose of this (currently) rare commodity.
Dex, thanks for that.

When I came back online after a phone call and after reading my OP, I confused myself (how sad is that ) as I seemed to be asking 2 different questions which I didn't think I was going to. Cue brain mash trying to work out which question you were replying too.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We are not wealthy but we would have willingly donated some notes in a collection box if the Medical Centre had one last Saturday when we had our jabs.

I'm sure a few others would have done the same, if it saves lives that is more than worth it and also a help to the economy.
Spot on to all of that Mags - my thoughts too.

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
There is an awful lot going on behind the scenes regarding vaccines that tends not to reach the media.

The head GP of our health group, the practice manager, and the practice Pharmacist, and a bunch of nurses spent the last bank holiday weekend and New Years Day itself injecting folks around local care homes so it didn't interrupt the normal weekday operation of the surgery and jabs at vaccination centres.

To my mind, these unsung heroes are the real celebrities.

Totally agree with that too Fruitcake.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 04:33 PM

In normal times, and if they're not ducking and diving, yes, the 'money bags brigade' pay lots of taxes. But these are abnormal times. It's about giving something back financially to help where things are falling apart.

I'm not wealth bashing, but the majority of these celebs (including the lips, tits and bum plastic surgery brigade) wouldn't normally use the NHS anyway - they would be paying privately.

So my thoughts were - if they have the vaccine on the NHS, they be asked to donate money saved from not going private (plus some topping up) and giving it to failing Hospices and charities - which are fast going downhill.

Hospices give us end of life care and suffering desperately from lack of funds. Homeless charities - those who've lost their jobs, homes, ending up on the streets. Many more food banks are springing up set up by ordinary people who are digging in their own pockets. The list is endless of charities desperate for funding because nearly a year's past by and they've been unable to do their usual fund raising events because of Covid restrictions.

I like to think the less selfish celebs donate often, but I'm sure there are loads more who never give it a thought. If all were asked to donate something in exchange for receiving the vaccine free, it's no great shakes for them financially but a great opportunity for helping to keep our well needed services going in these abnormal times.

Some services in our communities do it for free, but ask for donations. Much the same thing but on a smaller scale.

Every little helps doesn't it?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
- snip -

So my thoughts were - if they have the vaccine on the NHS, they be asked to donate money saved from not going private (plus some topping up) and giving it to failing Hospices and charities - which are fast going downhill.

Hospices give us end of life care and suffering desperately from lack of funds. Homeless charities - those who've lost their jobs, homes, ending up on the streets. Many more food banks are springing up set up by ordinary people who are digging in their own pockets. The list is endless of charities desperate for funding because nearly a year's past by and they've been unable to do their usual fund raising events because of Covid restrictions.

- snip -
When we bought our new car last week we were asked to match the dealer's contribution of £5 towards Acorn hospice, I was very happy to match it and add another £5. We always try to support local hospices.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-01-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
When we bought our new car last week we were asked to match the dealer's contribution of £5 towards Acorn hospice, I was very happy to match it and add another £5. We always try to support local hospices.
Well done Percy and also to the dealer for setting that up.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 09:09 AM

I looked up the definition of "Celebrity" and found that it needs:-

"A person who has, at least, failed an interview as a bit player on Coronation Street."

So, everyone below that standard cannot be a celeb.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top