Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:31 AM

Re: Decisions in your life

There are plenty - a different vehicle, a poor choice from the menu, an appliance that broke within a year, and many times "B" not "C" on a multiple choice test. Certainly there were acts of stupidity in my life that I regret...

...but as for the big picture, I have too much to be grateful for to second guess the roads I have taken. All these lovely biways...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 01:56 AM

Youngest and oldest? Well I'm your huckleberry. I'm 68.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Youngest and oldest? Well I'm your huckleberry. I'm 68.
At 68, you might just be our mean, median, and mode!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
At 68, you might just be our mean, median, and mode!
Hmm, that sounds just about the right age to hold my attention for a few minutes.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Hmm, that sounds just about the right age to hold my attention for a few minutes.

Well as I said. I'm your huckleberry.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 07:04 AM

I wouldn't change anything either...doesn't mean I have alwys made good decisions far from it....but making mistakes and learning from them along the way moulds the person we become ...I'm ok with that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 08:43 AM

Most things are habitual so are exempt from the decision making process.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 09:54 AM

The way things have worked out for me, financially, must mean that I made the right career decisions over the years, so I don’t think I would have changed direction there.

All I can think of wanting to change was my attitude and action against certain colleagues, maybe. I was treated badly in a few places, and I often lie awake at nights, thinking how should I have reacted back then, instead of the way I did.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 09:59 AM

When moving away, to enhance a career, I'd spend a bit more time thinking about the old folk who are left behind (e.g. widowed Mothers)

It could have been fixed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2021, 10:40 AM

One decision I would definitely change, would be the one involving mum, who as most of you know, suffered a fatal brain haemorrhage following her losing control of her car, and while we were on a cruise. Instead of ASKING her, should we cancel, I should have INSISTED that we did so. The hospital doctor gave her the go ahead, none of my three siblings objected, she stubbornly said yes, we should go...so go we did.

Oh my God. It was a nightmare. I often wonder how things would have turned out, had we not gone.

I will take that bad, and wrong, decision of mine to my grave.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top