Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Well, l Didn’t Know This About Oxo. Did You?

I suppose like me, you have always taken the Oxo cube out of its wrapper and crumbled it into the dish you are cooking?
I mean, Katie and Linda Bellingham always did it that way!

It now seems we have been doing it all wrong and that we should treat the unopened Oxo cube as a sachet!

https://youtu.be/AKI40q38LUw

Did you know this, or have l been living in the dark ages?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 09:56 AM

Re: Well, l Didn’t Know This About Oxo. Did You?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I suppose like me, you have always taken the Oxo cube out of its wrapper and crumbled it into the dish you are cooking?
I mean, Katie and Linda Bellingham always did it that way!

It now seems we have been doing it all wrong and that we should treat the unopened Oxo cube as a sachet!

https://youtu.be/AKI40q38LUw

Did you know this, or have l been living in the dark ages?
Ah - but does it taste any better, Artangel.

By the way - the video that followed on from yours - was also eye opening! Did you know that Vegetable Oxo Cubes contain meat products?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ah - but does it taste any better, Artangel.

By the way - the video that followed on from yours - was also eye opening! Did you know that Vegetable Oxo Cubes contain meat products?
No, ST, it won’t taste any different but it will be less messier! Using this method, I didn’t squeeze the sachet with my fingers but just tapped it lightly with the rolling pin.... you know the one l used to use to whack my husband around the head with!

No, l didn’t see that about the vegetable Oxo cubes. That’s bad.
I will have a look.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:14 AM

That is not how the company that makes Oxo cubes tells you how to do it. Just because someone on a youtube video say's we are doing it all wrong, does not make it so.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:15 AM

I have been using a similar technique for many tears but I cut out the initial "spreading" of the sachet - I merely crumble the cube between thumb and forefinger, which "spreads" the cube then tear off a corner before deciding whether to add straight to the cooking pot or dissolve in water first.

I started off doing it as I was idly watching the onions and meat browning when starting a spag bol or chili (or similar) when living in bedsits many years ago - it was a way to avoid "making a mess".

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:17 AM

I didn't know that either Arty, all these years and I didn't read the instructions.......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:27 AM

For Gawd's sake, what does it matter, the taste is still the same.

If you don't want to make a mess, then just open the cube over the pan, or a saucer, instead of all losing half of it over the worktop.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:29 AM

HaHa ... dontcha just love youtube.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
For Gawd's sake, what does it matter, the taste is still the same.

If you don't want to make a mess, then just open the cube over the pan, or a saucer, instead of all losing half of it over the worktop.
When I lived in bedsits, worktops were a luxury that were rarely provided .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mups ->
for gawd's sake, what does it matter, the taste is still the same.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top