Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 11:23 AM

Re: Well, l Didn’t Know This About Oxo. Did You?

Art,..I followed their instructions...the foil split,oxo cube went everywhere,..I will be sticking to my own method of opening a cube....load of rollocks if you ask me!...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Art,..I followed their instructions...the foil split,oxo cube went everywhere,..I will be sticking to my own method of opening a cube....load of rollocks if you ask me!...
Pauline, When l normally crumble an Oxo cube, much of it stays on my fingers!
Using this other method l find all the contents stay in the pack and not on my fingers.
I found tapping the Oxo in its foil gently with a rolling pin was better than doing it with my fingers.

You must be very strong to split the foil......macho lady!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:00 PM

Are you sure you was not battering the Oxo cube with a rolling pin as though your life depended on it 'I will smash you up into tiny little pieces <smack smack smack>', Going 'Rocky Balboa' on it's a$$ <whack whack whack>...oh dear, it's split'
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Are you sure you was not battering the Oxo cube with a rolling pin as though your life depended on it 'I will smash you up into tiny little pieces <smack smack smack>', Going 'Rocky Balboa' on it's a$$ <whack whack whack>...oh dear, it's split'

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Instead of the battering approach, try just rolling the cube between finger and thumb - beef cubes are easy, chicken cubes require more pressure and less roll .....
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No, ST, it won’t taste any different but it will be less messier! Using this method, I didn’t squeeze the sachet with my fingers but just tapped it lightly with the rolling pin.... you know the one l used to use to whack my husband around the head with!

No, l didn’t see that about the vegetable Oxo cubes. That’s bad.
I will have a look.
So Artangel your a oxo and man abuser
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
So Artangel your a oxo and man abuser
......who said that?!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:10 PM

Am I the only one who has never used an Oxo cube? I used to use Knorr but these days it's Kallo organic, they even do a low salt version.

I've also never put a stock cube right into the cooking food. I didn't know you should do that. I always dilute in water and stir with a spoon to dissolve before adding to the pan. I guess putting it in pan saves on washing up.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
No no! Knorr cubes are definitely up-market.
I prefer Knorr cubes too . The pork ones are lovely!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Am I the only one who has never used an Oxo cube? I used to use Knorr but these days it's Kallo organic, they even do a low salt version.

I've also never put a stock cube right into the cooking food. I didn't know you should do that. I always dilute in water and stir with a spoon to dissolve before adding to the pan. I guess putting it in pan saves on washing up.
I don't use Oxo cubes, they have bits of animal in them and might contain chicken (shudders)
If I need stock I use Marigold Vegetable Bouillon low salt or Kello Vegetable mixed with hot water then added.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top