Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Miele Cat And Dog cylinder vacum cleaner

I know a few of you on here have one. Well what I want to know is you know the linen dust bags, do you use the same one again? I just throw them away each time they are full but husband reckons because they are such thick linen bags that you drag the dust through them and use the same one again I told him that's not right as can you imagine people dragging all the dust through the hole!

I said to him I would ask on the forum and he agreed as he wants to know. So you owners of a Miele Cat and Dog cylinder hoover what do you do please?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 12:02 PM

Re: Miele Cat And Dog cylinder vacum cleaner

Hi Alicat,
I havent got a Miele myself but from what I have read about it I think you do throw the bags away. Seeing they sell them in packs of 10 or 20 then they expect you to not reuse it. I had a similar vac which filled up then you threw the bag away and if I didnt have enough money I used to pull the dust throught the hole until I went out to buy some new bags. So you can do both I presume with the Miele. I read it holds 4kgs of hair and muck so thats quite alot of capacity for one bag. I have a few Dysons and they have just a cylinder where the dirt goes and you empyty it and put it back. So no buying any bags thats why I have the Dyson.
p.s. I have a vac upstairs and downstairs as I cant be carrying heavy vacs up and down.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Hi Alicat,
I havent got a Miele myself but from what I have read about it I think you do throw the bags away. Seeing they sell them in packs of 10 or 20 then they expect you to not reuse it. I had a similar vac which filled up then you threw the bag away and if I didnt have enough money I used to pull the dust throught the hole until I went out to buy some new bags. So you can do both I presume with the Miele. I read it holds 4kgs of hair and muck so thats quite alot of capacity for one bag. I have a few Dysons and they have just a cylinder where the dirt goes and you empyty it and put it back. So no buying any bags thats why I have the Dyson.
p.s. I have a vac upstairs and downstairs as I cant be carrying heavy vacs up and down.
I don't know what to think now Bowie Eyes I never thought that someone would pull all the dust through the hole, oh well if hubby wants to do it he can, I shan't be doing it.

I'm also like you Bowie Eyes, weve also got another Miele Cat and Dog upstairs as well as like you I can't lift a hoover all up the stairs.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 07:48 PM

Many, many years ago when we had our first Hoover, I always used to pull the dust through the small hole of the paper dust bag. I used to get a fair whack of use out of one bag, it was a tatty old thing by the time I got round to throwing it out! Well in those days money was short so I made sure I got full use out of the bag before I bought anymore!

Nowadays I have an animal Dyson .....and no bag!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2012, 08:03 PM

I have an upright Dyson Animal which doesn't need bags. I have a cylinder cleaner as well (not a Meile, but a Bosch) and I also pull the dust and hair out through the hole and re-use the bag until it gets too tatty. Seems a bit extravagant to only use the bag once
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 11:42 AM

I must admit I thought hoovers with bags were a thing of the past. I have a Samsung cylinder vacuum which is absolutely brilliant for pet hairs and is so easy to empty. I hate bags, more trouble than they're worth IMO.
Alicat
West Berkshire

14-12-2012, 03:26 PM

Oh dear, it looks like husband may be right then, I hate it when he's right! Maybe we'll have to start pulling the dust through the holes then, well he can do it, I'm not, I'm allergic to dust.

Thanks for all your replies, they've been very helpful
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 12:36 AM

When I fixed things for people I often fixed vacuums and as such know a bit about them, and I do know not to reuse dust bags.

The pores clog up with dust and the motor has to work harder when using a dust bag that has already been used.

DO NOT DO IT IF YOU WISH YOUR VACUUM TO LAST.

Personally I do not own such a thing, the wife and I have a 1969 Kirby upright which we got as a wedding present in, well, 1969.

Works like the day it was made, worth every penny we didn't pay
Alicat
West Berkshire

16-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
When I fixed things for people I often fixed vacuums and as such know a bit about them, and I do know not to reuse dust bags.

The pores clog up with dust and the motor has to work harder when using a dust bag that has already been used.

DO NOT DO IT IF YOU WISH YOUR VACUUM TO LAST.

Personally I do not own such a thing, the wife and I have a 1969 Kirby upright which we got as a wedding present in, well, 1969.

Works like the day it was made, worth every penny we didn't pay
Thanks OB but these aren't paper dust bags they are thick linen ones. Would that be the same?
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Yes the same goes for the white "cloth" bags, they are a different material for better filtration (usually to HEPA standards), not to be reused.

You can buy reusable bags which can be washed out however I wouldn't recommend those - very messy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top