Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Carpet Washers

Can anyone tell me a good carpet washer to buy please. I'm thinking of buying a Vax Rapide Ultra Upright Carpet Washer £149.99. Does anyone own one and how do they get on with it or are there any better ones?

Any advice gratefully received thanks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Re: Carpet Washers

This one has very good reviews and is a neat one - not too bulky....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bissell-Clea...pet+shampooers
You can also do upholstery with it ...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 06:29 PM

We have a Vax Rapide Classic - it's an upright.
We've had it for a few years and are quite pleased with it.

In fact we used it today and I'm happy with the result.
Like all carpet washers, if you have a bad spot to clean, I find it best to soak it for a while first. (We had a coffee stain that I soaked, and it has cleaned up well)

It's the only one we've had, so I can't compare with other makes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 06:51 PM

BTW - when you click on the link - go down the page for extensive information on it ....
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 07:27 PM

We haven't actually bought a carpet shampooer but every so often we hire 'Rug Doctor' shampooer from Morrisons and it does a fantastic job. Not that expensive to hire either.
gellygoo
west yorkshire
gellygoo is female 

08-06-2013, 10:37 PM

I have a vax rapide...its either extra or ultra, I cant remember and its in the garage so I cant see it! It cost about the same as you quoted. I am really happy with it. It cleans the carpets extremely well and is very easy to use although a tad heavy. I've used it a lot, especially when we still had our lovely dog. It comes with vax cleaning solution, but I always just buy 1001 cleaner for machines as its cheaper and the results are the same.
Hope this helps
Amanda
Derby
Amanda is female 

08-06-2013, 11:44 PM

We had vax rapide carpet washer but had a few problems with it although vac sent replacement parts the same problem occurred so we decided to try another brand, we purchased the bissell Cleanview Deep Clean Carpet Cleaner.

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/cleanview-deep-clean

its the best thing since sliced bread the carpets come up like new and it leaves the carpet almost dry unlike the vax.

Amanda x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2013, 08:44 AM

Hello Amanda, thats the same make as we are getting, ours is a little smaller and does upholstery .....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 10:20 AM

We have had a Bex Bissell for 12 years, still does a good job, I can recommend it.
Beware of reviews, I have never trusted them!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2013, 10:44 AM

I am careful with reviews - 'scrutinise' them like Sherlock Holmes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top