Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 09:58 AM

The Fab Four

Just wondered if there are any Beatles fans out there?

My husband and I met because of them. We were both working for a small fan magazine based in the U.S. - I worked in the subscription office and he was a U.K. correspondent. The editors got us together, and the rest is history! We don't work for the mag anymore, but keep in touch with them.

Did any of you see them perform live back in the 60's? Would love to hear your stories, or anything else you remember about being a "first generation" fan
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Re: The Fab Four

Sadly I never did see them
Did have a ton of 'merchandise' though
Anyone remember 'Beatles stockings'? Black or dark brown, with a beetle pattern on them Ho hum - we were young and silly
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 12:26 PM

I saw them once at the Adelphi Cinema in Slough in the very early '60's. I wasn't a great fan - I was more into the Rolling Stones. It must have been after their initial success in the charts as all I remember of the concert was that from the moment they came on stage, all you could hear was screaming. I have no idea what they played or how well they played as you couldn't hear a thing!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 12:35 PM

Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2010, 02:41 PM

Yes I saw them-but I was only 9 and Helen Schapiro was top bill
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

24-01-2010, 08:29 PM

I'm a big fan of the Beatles and I think myself privileged to have grown up in the sixties when they were around along with all the other great Liverpool sounds of the decade.

I specially liked George Harrison, the quiet, gentle one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qpf...eature=related
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
I'm a big fan of the Beatles and I think myself privileged to have grown up in the sixties when they were around along with all the other great Liverpool sounds of the decade.

I specially liked George Harrison, the quiet, gentle one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qpf...eature=related
Mazzie, George Harrison was my favorite Beatle as well and that was my favorite song of his. He wrote most of his music and loved when Eric Clapton and Joe Brown played with them.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Yes I saw them-but I was only 9 and Helen Schapiro was top bill
Wow, that's fantastic, where did you see them? You probably don't remember anything but the screaming

I was 10 when Beatlemania came to the U.S. - Paul was always my favourite. I sent away for a life sized poster of him that I kept taped to my bedroom wall. Only took it down when I was a teenager and we moved house!
buzzie
USA

25-01-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Miranda53 ->
Wow, that's fantastic, where did you see them? You probably don't remember anything but the screaming

I was 10 when Beatlemania came to the U.S. - Paul was always my favourite. I sent away for a life sized poster of him that I kept taped to my bedroom wall. Only took it down when I was a teenager and we moved house!
For you Miranda, he is still my daughter's all time favorite.

buzzie
USA

25-01-2010, 01:49 PM

I love this one by the late Billy Preston, he really made it rock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top