Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 10:37 PM

Re: New Cars

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Tyre pressure monitors rely on the wheel sensors used in the anti lock braking system it measures how fast the wheel is turning and works out the difference between speeds if the tyre loses pressure

Talking of tyre pressures, the other day I was about to check the tyres on my new car, and had a look in the hand book to see what the pressures should be. It might as well have been in Chinese because it was only written in Bars instead of PSI, and I hadn't a clue how to convert it.
I thought that was really stupid. If they are selling cars to Britain they should have british conversions in the handbooks IMO.
In the end I had to go down the local Fiat dealer who I bought it from, but even they didn't know, and had to ask someone else!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 02:54 AM

Mupsy, try this link.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 08:33 AM

Thankyou for that, Sweetpea, I'll have a look.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:18 AM

You should take a look at my Nissan Xtrail Tenka then.About the only thing it doesn't do is make the tea, but it does even go as far as showing on a screen what colour your car is. If I posted all the things the 2, yes 2, screens show it would take up about 4 pages of foolscape paper. Yes I agree there is far far too much information I can get off the dashboard most of which i would not even bother to look at. What is good though is the overhead and rear view when reverse parking, but even that the car will do by itself, only have to put it into gear and foot on pedal.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Talking of tyre pressures, the other day I was about to check the tyres on my new car, and had a look in the hand book to see what the pressures should be. It might as well have been in Chinese because it was only written in Bars instead of PSI, and I hadn't a clue how to convert it.
I thought that was really stupid. If they are selling cars to Britain they should have british conversions in the handbooks IMO.
In the end I had to go down the local Fiat dealer who I bought it from, but even they didn't know, and had to ask someone else!
My sons girlfriend has a fiat and that too shows pressure in bar and not psi, fortunately my tyre inflator shows both
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
You should take a look at my Nissan Xtrail Tenka then.About the only thing it doesn't do is make the tea, but it does even go as far as showing on a screen what colour your car is. If I posted all the things the 2, yes 2, screens show it would take up about 4 pages of foolscape paper. Yes I agree there is far far too much information I can get off the dashboard most of which i would not even bother to look at. What is good though is the overhead and rear view when reverse parking, but even that the car will do by itself, only have to put it into gear and foot on pedal.
It could make tea. All you need is one of those devices that plugs into the lighter socket.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 10:05 AM

1 Bar is 14.5 P.S.I.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-09-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
My sons girlfriend has a fiat and that too shows pressure in bar and not psi, fortunately my tyre inflator shows both

How stupid. They could at least put a conversion table next to it, but perhaps that would be too helpful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
1 Bar is 14.5 P.S.I.

I think from memory, my book said to put 2.2 bars in, so I guess that's just over 30 psi. Stupid way of doing it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 12:19 PM

Hi

For the last twenty years or so I have only only brought ex works cars, very fast, very high spec and very well serviced.

I never buy new, cannot stand the depreciation.

I bought a three year old Ford C Max earlier this year, I love it, plenty of room for my fishing tackle.

Automatic, like all my previous cars, not a flying machine, but with all the bells and whistles.

I love the tyre deflate warning and the cruise control, invaluable when going through the 50 mph speed limits on the motorway roadworks.

A diesel, it has averaged 48.7 mpg over the last 9 months since I brought it.

An Ex Mobility car, brought at Auction for £8,000 with full warranty, Service History for £8000 three years old, I cannot see the point of buying new.

I still do not understand all the electronics, but my friends 13 year old daughter has put me right on the USB ports and music. LOL

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top