Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 01:08 AM

Cameron's and Choice of School

Why is the fact that Cameron's enter Son for Top private School the Front Page News in The Mail on Sunday?
It is not a criminal offence, Is it?
And Is it anybody else's business?

Many Labour M P's also send their children to expensive Private Schools as well and many have themselves been educated at the top Universities and are very well heeled too'

Lots of parents are happy to make sacrifices to pay for the best eduction for their children. It is their choice
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 01:22 AM

Re: Cameron's and Choice of School

Hi Phil I think the thing people are highlighting is DC is sending his son to a fee paying school but not his daughter .

Lots of parents are happy to make sacrifices to pay for the best eduction for their children. It is their choice
I agree my grandchildren go to a fee paying school and their parents work jolly hard to send them there and give them the best start in life.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 01:40 AM

Meg

Yes many parents go with out holidays and make do and mend, to send children to the best school available
These days most children have the same opportunity to go to University with hard work
However it is a fact that some children are academically brighter than others Other Children are more creative as well. We need both.

But it is no good sending a Duck to Eagle School!.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 07:33 AM

I doubt if the Camerons will do without holidays or make do and mend.

Perhaps the daughter wanted to go to that particular school? (It isn't an average comprehensive, is it?)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
I doubt if the Camerons will do without holidays or make do and mend.
Perhaps the daughter wanted to go to that particular school? (It isn't an average comprehensive, is it?)
Yes, I would think that could be the case. It is best to choose that which is best for each child

The press just like to have something to pick to pieces.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 10:39 AM

I think it is more than that with politicians' choice of schools, knowing that most people don't have the same range of options.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Why is the fact that Cameron's enter Son for Top private School the Front Page News in The Mail on Sunday?
It is not a criminal offence, Is it?
And Is it anybody else's business?

Many Labour M P's also send their children to expensive Private Schools as well and many have themselves been educated at the top Universities and are very well heeled too'

Because it shows up Cameron to be a hypocrite (yet again) following a statement he made in 2009 wherein he said anyone sending their children to private schools had to be mad!!! - So we now have a self-declared mad Prime Minister.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Nothing wrong with sending your children to a private school if you can afford it. It frees up places at state schools. A great many Labour MPs either went themselves or send their children to private school. Ask Diane Abbott.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 12:36 PM

I do not have children so school choice was not an issue. I am thankful for the 11+ though. Two of us were the last children from my primary school before comprehensive education came in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 12:58 PM

Hi

Well Corbyn was privately educated.

Dianne Abbott, his ex lover and who he appointed to his Shadow Cabinet, sent her son to a private school.

She described it as the making of him.

They are all the same, cannot trust a word they say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top