Join for free
Page 3 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Interesting you would start this Harvey, my family was just talking about this.
I still remember it was your good self that told us about the selling of photos almost a year ago.

Reading through all the replies I can't see a lot of reasons to join, I uderstand the 'gaming' interest if you're into that kind of thing (I'm not)

All in all I think I'll leave it for now and maybe wait for Azz's version which will likely be much better (See I know how to ingratiate myself with people )

Thanks to all above for your replies.

P.S.
Buzzie you're still in my thoughts, I did warn you that I'm very bad at keeping in regular touch but I will write to you soon.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 10:15 PM

Azz, hurry up with your social networking site! An article in today's Business section of the Washington Post said that Yahoo US is opening its own on June 7th: ALL Yahoo mail users will be automatically opted in ... unless they click on the Opt Out button!! Which I will be doing.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 10:23 PM

Google did the same thing, and I opted out straight away too!

I am working fast as I can gotta make some changes to Dogsey first tho

Also, none of theirs will be a patch on ours - mark my words
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 10:30 PM

"Also, none of theirs will be a patch on ours - mark my words"

You are preaching to the choir here, Azz! Of course they won't! I plan to be a charter member.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Azz, hurry up with your social networking site! An article in today's Business section of the Washington Post said that Yahoo US is opening its own on June 7th: ALL Yahoo mail users will be automatically opted in ... unless they click on the Opt Out button!! Which I will be doing.
Thanks for the warning DM - I am a Yahoo mail user too and I am shocked that they plan to automatically put all users in. That is really insulting, it presupposes that everyone wants to be on their social etwork site and further more puts everyones e-mail and heaven knows what at risk.

Yes, I will be opting out too. By the way I notice that they pick at random some of my e-mail contacts and give me the option of seeing their updates, I've never clicked on them because I regard it as an invasion of privacy if I have not had their permission given to me. They do that now so what's the social network site going to be like???
Ella
New Member!
western europe
Ella is female 

05-03-2011, 06:31 PM

hi,

have any of you here have a facebook page?

after all the recent happenings on the news i guess i'm the only one left that doesn't have an account there.. hahaha...

is it easy to log in and use it? or is it over 50 friendly?

cheers .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 06:46 PM

I'm not the slightest bit interested in joining FB ...... I much prefer forums like this.
Ella
New Member!
western europe
Ella is female 

05-03-2011, 06:49 PM

hahaha, im here also...

but i was very curious about the FB.
its all over the news,cinema and my children are big fans of course

just wondering if i'll find ppl like me there... (over 50)
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Used to use Facebook, wasn't keen on it though. Too open and too many ways to get a Virus in your PC.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 08:00 PM

I use it all the time and because I dont use windows I dont get viruses.

Page 3 of 79 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top