Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 02:33 PM

Re: Ornamental Clutter In Cars! What's In Yours?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we are including the boot then I have a table in mine, keep meaning to take it to the caravan but jump in my husbands car and we are usually over half way there before we say the table think it's become a permanent fixture
You just reminded me that in the boot I also have a picnic table which is a permanent feature. Honda decided to supply one with their CRVs which fits into the boot under the carpet. Alas, no chairs though, I have never used it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My wife! Not so much a clutter, more a permanently switched on sat nav. " Turn right here!..slow down!..watch out for those lights!.. there's a pothole in the road!" Must read the instruction book that came with her and find out where the off switch is. It's too late to ask her Mum or Dad.
You obviously didn't read the leaflet when you first got her, so I have looked it up for you.

It says, "The Lovely Joan" once you have turned her on, it is impossible to turn her off again.........so you obviously have nobody to blame but yourself.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Malcolm, Don't you have, 'Malcolm 4 Mrs Malcolm' on the windscreen?

Do you remember when, usually couples, used to have their names with a 4 in the middle, emblazoned across the car windscreen?!!
Nigel 4 Arthur didn't go down well in the seventies....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
Nigel 4 Arthur didn't go down well in the seventies....
There's a smutty joke there but I'll let it be.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 02:59 PM

Malcolm, Don't you have, 'Malcolm 4 Mrs Malcolm' on the windscreen?
Don't be silly Art

Do you remember when, usually couples, used to have their names with a 4 in the middle, emblazoned across the car windscreen?!!
No I don't remember that Art, it didn't happen in this part of the country, we are very civilised in the red rose county.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 03:01 PM

I hate anything on the dashboard or dangling from the rear window mirror, but I do have a Mini Schnauzer who lies on the rear window ledge each time we go anywhere.

He's my "back seat driver" and it's his job to tell other cars off when they're driving too close to us! Very efficient he is too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have never had anything like that in my car apart from a hanging air freshener. My current one is a big smiley.

I can't have those 'smellies' in my car, I find them too overwhelming pong.
When car went in for a service recently they sent it out with a smelly thing hanging in there - I put it in a bin on the way home.
How hard is it to open a window, that air is fresh, clean and free not like those chemical smelling things.

I have to small things in my car (apart from me and a dog ). One is a little fat smiley man about 6" high that I call Phil for some reason, and the other is one of the small solar powered flowers in a pot. It's only a couple of inches high, but I like that, it cheers me up to see it waving and nodding about in front of me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Don't be silly Art

No I don't remember that Art, it didn't happen in this part of the country

I don't remember that either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-08-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't have those 'smellies' in my car, I find them too overwhelming pong.
When car went in for a service recently they sent it out with a smelly thing hanging in there - I put it in a bin on the way home.
How hard is it to open a window, that air is fresh, clean and free not like those chemical smelling things.

I have to small things in my car (apart from me and a dog ). One is a little smiley man about 6" high that I call Phil for some reason, and the other is one of the small solar powered flowers in a pot. It's only a couple of inches high, but I like that, it cheers me up to see it waving and nodding about in front of me.
Yes they are a bit too strong sometimes. I normally slit open the pack and leave it in the door pocket for a week before opening fully.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 03:24 PM

I have minor bits of clutter in the tray round the gear lever - sunglasses, a penknife, couple of pens, packet of mints, and a sticky ring where the coffee cup goes, but no ornaments, dingle dangles, toys or anything like that
I did have -

A 'Vote Leave' sticker in the bottom corner of the rear window, but that's been removed now
A stick on rear view mirror years ago when someone was teaching me to drive, and again when I was teaching someone. I kept that on for a while, my passengers seemed to like it

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top