Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 06:10 PM

Re: Air Pressure Help Please!

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yeah that's what I'd do...no point getting yourself into a sweat about it in this heat, let the experts do the job!

I agree Ruthio.

It will be much less stressful just to pop down the garage in
the morning Art, and ask someone to show you what to do. They will help you.
It is easier than explaining and it will make more sense if
you can actually see what they are showing you..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 07:41 PM

Mups, l have given up trying to do it myself!
Instead, l rummaged through my cupboards and found a Lindt chocolate rabbit from Easter that needed eating up!!
Eating him is better than counselling after my traumatic time!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l have given up trying to do it myself!
Instead, l rummaged through my cupboards and found a Lindt chocolate rabbit from Easter that needed eating up!!
Eating him is better than counselling after my traumatic time!!

That is the best idea yet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Update on the tyres... Both valves on the front tyres (run flats) were loose and the air was escaping.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:56 PM

OMG three pages on how to put air in a car tyre.

Not to be rude but there is some thickos on this Forum
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-07-2017, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Update on the tyres... Both valves on the front tyres (run flats) were loose and the air was escaping.

Good job you got them checked then, Art.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 10:10 PM

That video stirred a long forgotten memory. I've just had a look in my 'toy cupboard' and found one just like that (although It claims 300psi, not that I'd trust that!).

Now I've found it, it's going into my car boot.

Needless to say, it should only be used with the engine running or it would soon flatten the battery.

A slightly worrying thing: in the instruction leaflet it warns users that they should turn it off when it becomes hot! Reading some of the comments after the video, I can well believe it.

However, if and when it does get hot, I think the thing I'd do is turn it off and add more pressure after it has cooled down.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
OMG three pages on how to put air in a car tyre.

Not to be rude but there is some thickos on this Forum
Galty, You are all gas and air!!
Kind Regards,
Miss Thicko Airhead!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 05:57 PM

I have just seen a Mini floating over my house.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Funny you should say that, Angel.

I have never bothered to check my spare tyre for years, quite possibly ever since the car was new in 2003! So, yesterday I went to the local Sainsbury's petrol station where they have free air (some tight-fisted places charge you - for AIR!).

I could find no trace of recommended pressures in my car's handbook, and I never check my tyre pressures anyway, assuming that when the car is serviced they do that job.

Consequently, I checked one of my tyres that looked to be the right shape and noted the indicated pressure. I then did the same on my spare and the gauge didn't move at all!

Logically, I thought that perhaps I should top up the spare until the gauge read a fair bit over the pressure in the tyre I had just read.

I'm happy that all is as it should be now!
Check to see if there is a tyre pressure sticker on the inside pillar of your driver's door.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top