Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 02:01 AM

Told Off by a Computer

I took my car in for a 60000km service today - slightly early because I shall be going on a 3000km trip soon.

When I got the car back there was the usual guff about what had been changed, filled, checked etc but there was also a sheet called, "Driving Report" which basically told me what the car didn't like about my driving for the last 60000km. I don't know if it is readable here.

Impudent sods! (and to think I was worried about Facebook keeping an eye on me, my car is far nosier)

It seems to think I over rev the engine which considering it is an automatic seems to be a bit of cheek! It also appears that the car's average speed for the last 60000km is 80kph. Not sure if this information is useful or not but at least it didn't cost me anything (fixed price servicing on Isuzu).

Do you get these reports in foreign parts?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	190411 001 Car Report.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	5695   Click image for larger version

Name:	190411 002 Car Report.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	5696  
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 07:50 AM

Re: Told Off by a Computer

I don't know if there are cars that do those reports as I drive an old car, but there are apps out there that do, I think Arivva ( if thats the right name ) do one and most insurance companies will fit a box, geared to new young drivers, that gathers that information so they can potentially reduce their premiums
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 11:28 AM

Surely this is the result of having one of those gadgets plugged into your car to reduce insurance premiums. Those things record everything you do, steering, braking, acceleration, speed etc etc and transmit the data to the insurance company.

A slippery slope imo towards Big Brother. Such data will eventually be used against you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Surely this is the result of having one of those gadgets plugged into your car to reduce insurance premiums. Those things record everything you do, steering, braking, acceleration, speed etc etc and transmit the data to the insurance company.

A slippery slope imo towards Big Brother. Such data will eventually be used against you.
There is nothing plugged into my car this is merely what the on board computer (which runs the engine) records. Nothing to do with insurance it won't affect my insurance at all - the car is insured not me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 01:36 PM

I've not seen anything like that before, I dread to think what mine would say, don't bump into kerb when you park, avoid stopping to look it shop window in village
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 05:31 PM

Well the connected car is coming, in the not too distant future, cars will be able to talk to each other, giving information on things such as traffic flow, weather reports and such, it can monitor your driving, where you stop, and shop or fill up for example, all very clever, until companies cotton on to where you visit, how often etc, and can tailor ads, and such, they will know everything about you!!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 09:44 AM

The only sheet of paper I have after a service is a hybrid performance profile from Toyota......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top