Join for free
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:05 PM

11 year old unicyclist sets distance record!

This is the video of our super fun 50 mile ride from Saturday, 7.21.18. 11 year-old Augie Braude is now the youngest unicyclist to have ridden 50 miles! It was so cool to be continuously cheered on by so many people along the way who had seen our live interview on TV! The KTLA News segment is at the end. Thanks to Danny Matheus for recording it and sending me the file! Also, Augie meets...Augie!

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 08:42 PM

Re: 11 year old unicyclist sets distance record!

Congratulations to Augie, Augie, and Not Augie (Unigeezer). That's one of my favorite and former running paths!

Great footage and always a big deal to get KTLA coverage.

Thanks for sharing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:19 PM

Congratulations to Augie, that's quite a distance for an eleven year old and he did well under your watchful eye, Terry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 10:34 PM

Well done Augie 50 miles is quite an accomplishment for an 11 year old.
UniGeezer
California, USA
UniGeezer is male  UniGeezer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Thanks guys! Augie did an amazing job and I have no doubt that he could have ridden another 50 without a problem.

I must admit that the last 10 miles, for me, felt like a hundred! Although I've done many centuries on a unicycle, this was the longest I had ridden since my hip injury last year, but we were having so much fun on our ride that the pain really didn't kick in until we were finished. Overall it was a great day!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top