Join for free
Page 51 of 56 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 06:32 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

I see that it will be an even smaller percentage because the claims you've quoted are over a 30 year period whereas the vaccination data they give in the other table is for only eleven years.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Nope Galty, that's incorrect.

Flu DOES kill people. The ONS data above are deaths specifically caused by Flu.

Pneumonia also kills people.

Vulnerable people can get pneumonia at any time, sometimes after having flu, sometimes completely independently.

There are separate statistics for deaths specifically caused by pneumonia. They are in the 60,000s each year.

If you have a strong immune system then you will be well placed to fight respiratory illnesses.
It is correct.

The most common complication from the flu that can lead to death is a bacterial infection of the lungs, or bacterial pneumonia."The bacterial infection can make it hard for children to breathe, and their lungs struggle to get enough oxygen for their body." Sepsis is another complication that can lead to death.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 07:33 PM

I've lost my thread!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've lost my thread!
Aaawwww Mags, see my post no.497, and then the one where Realist wishes me a Merry Christmas and I wish him one back and send hugs out to everyone on the thread

Hang on...where is it????
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
It is correct.

The most common complication from the flu that can lead to death is a bacterial infection of the lungs, or bacterial pneumonia."The bacterial infection can make it hard for children to breathe, and their lungs struggle to get enough oxygen for their body." Sepsis is another complication that can lead to death.
You lost me Galty TBH. No-one is saying that flu doesn't lead to other things like Pneumonia. It does and people die from those subsequent conditions. However, people can die of flu itself.

Or are you being pedantic to the extent of saying the equivalent of bullets don't kill people, it's the sudden loss of blood pressure or loss of blood or breaking of the spine that actually causes the death?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I see that it will be an even smaller percentage because the claims you've quoted are over a 30 year period whereas the vaccination data they give in the other table is for only eleven years.
You appear to be attempting a distraction from the point being made.

I will re-iterate.

Successful compensation claims for injury to health and death as a result of flu vaccines number more than the compensated claims of any other vaccine

Do you dispute this somewhat damning fact?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 09:28 PM

I've lost my thread!
Worse things you could lose mags, keeping my head in all these figures has proved problematic almost lost my head earlier.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You appear to be attempting a distraction from the point being made.

I will re-iterate.

Successful compensation claims for injury to health and death as a result of flu vaccines number more than the compensated claims of any other vaccine

Do you dispute this somewhat damning fact?
Of course they will be because the influenza vaccination alone is 44% of total vaccines! None of the programmes come anywhere close in terms of volume (the next proportion is 7% for pneumococcal). But flu vaccine is not an outlier in terms of the % of vaccines administered.

You seem to look at % when it suits your point and absolute numbers when it suits a different point. There is no consistency in your approach.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-12-2018, 10:00 PM

I've lost my thread!
Realist has become tangled in it!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Worse things you could lose mags, keeping my head in all these figures has proved problematic almost lost my head earlier.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Realist has become tangled in it!
And I've lost my hugs and I'm right fed up about that.
Comes to something when friendly hugs get zapped...a brand new low in my opinion.
What happened to the Season Of Goodwill on here hey?

Page 51 of 56 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top