Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 10:37 AM

Re: The Sales have started

I don't need anything really. All my domestic items are in good order & my wardrobe's bursting at the seams.

It would only be a waste of money to buy even more.

I know you can't take it with you - I'd rather save the money for a holiday or short break.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 12:46 PM

I'm enjoying the sales this year found Elsie's tablets half price so bought several months supply of them, found a nice bowl for Missy so she has her own doesn't have to borrow an enormous labrador bowl that was buy one get one free so Betty is having one too.

Craft stuff is usually half price or better this time of year so we'll stock up on paper goods and glue etc. Sticky dots and stars were a steal.
Key is buying stuff you will use anyway so it makes it a good deal, don't get sucked into buying stuff you won't use.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 01:50 PM

Have a look at my thread 'Bus Pass Travel' under the 'Travel and Holidays' section.
For most of my life my holidays have been hiking & backpacking, but I'm definitely slowing down now, so I hope to do something like that in 2019

Kendals in Manchester is an up market department store, now part of Fraser, and is due to close down soon; they usually have a New Year Sale anyway
So I'll be going there to buy a holdall or similar civilised luggage for my bus trips, instead of a rucsac
And quite possibly a few more clothes. Perhaps like many of us on this forum I have a lot of clothes, built up over time, and I haven't bought any new ones for years
However, many of them are definitely looking a bit tired & scruffy, so I'll also be looking for that mythical style - 'smart casual'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Good luck zulu hope you find what you want.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 08:04 PM

My lot found some bargains today.
Travel lodge has a sale on too.
So cheap if you fancy some time away.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 08:12 PM

I have bought some stuff online today, cotton sheets, a skirt a jumper and some boots I am not sure how many will fit.
I had my eye on them all before the sale started so not an impulse buy.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 08:53 PM

I've never been one for the Sales. It's just not my thing.

If I need something and there is some sort of Sale on through the year, you can guarantee what I need isn't in the sale. I'm not a lucky shopper

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top