Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 01:19 PM

Re: Surplus to Requirements

We don't bother any more with presents, and will stop sending Christmas cards next year. This year we avoided the stress overload.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 03:10 PM

Well as a Christian I'd say it depends why you give presents, for us it's using our god given talents to make things with love for each other. We always also give to homeless and poor at Christmas, our hamper to food bank was largest ever this year celebrating our recent good fortune. You can do the right thing and still give to each other, I don't think God expects us all to dress in sack cloth and ashes we can have nice things too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well as a Christian I'd say it depends why you give presents, for us it's using our god given talents to make things with love for each other. We always also give to homeless and poor at Christmas, our hamper to food bank was largest ever this year celebrating our recent good fortune. You can do the right thing and still give to each other, I don't think God expects us all to dress in sack cloth and ashes we can have nice things too.
Julie,I love what you do and feel that making a present for somebody shows the love and thought that went into deciding what they would like. If we all did the same we would probably give something that didn't cost a fortune, but showed how much we loved the recipient. That way we could help those who have nothing & still enjoy our Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top