Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Good Morning Friday !

Good Morning everyone.

Bit damp and misty here today.

Am going out for the day - or some of it at least - with friends. I need some A1 size card - so that means going to the Range, I also desperately need some new walking shoes! The K Skips I have been wearing for the last umteenth years have been mended so many times there is hardly any original shoe left. But they are so comfortable!

I have problems with shoes as I have long feet - size 7s - and manufacturers seem to think that also means 'wide fitting' which - in my case - it does not! I like really smart shoes - but cannot find narrow fittings in my size - the K Skips were ideal - but seem to vanished from the shops.

Ah well - will see what I can find.

Have a lovely day.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 08:07 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

Good morning everyone

I'm glad to be having an easy day today after a really busy one yesterday....it's great getting all the family together but blimey it's hard work.

Out this evening with pals to a restaurant in Leeds, been there before and it's always good.

Good luck with the shoe hunting Tabby...have a good day all
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 08:45 AM

Hi

Good Morning All.

Good luck with the shoes ST.

I am having the pressure in my head measured this morning, never a pleasant process.

Have a good day all.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 08:55 AM

Good morning all.
Have you got a Hotter shop near you ST. Worth a look and made in UK.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 08:57 AM

Good morning everyone, mild and dry here again, luvverly...

Mrs B is going to drag me kicking and screaming to the local "designer outlet" this morning. If there was ever a vision of hell then a parade of clothes shops must be it for me. Never mind though, I might be released for good behavoiur after an hour or so, so chin up Barry and carry on....

Have a good day folks.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well and in fine fettle. Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:08 AM

Good morning all.

ST i'm the opposite to you, my feet are only size 4 sometimes I can even get into size 3, but I have wider toes.

Its dry and mild outside, looks like its going to be an ok day.

Nothing planned for today.

Have a nice day all.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Good morning all.
Have you got a Hotter shop near you ST. Worth a look and made in UK.
There is one in town, Newcomer, but they only stock wide fitting in the larger sizes - which is a pity as they have some lovely shoes.
Frieda
Southeast USA
Frieda is female 

28-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Good Friday morning. I am in the SE United States so six hours behind most of the UK folks

It's 2:30 AM and once I wake up, I'm afraid I'm up for a few hours. This is going to really mess up my normal awake time of 4:20 or 5:00 AM --- blah.

It has been POURING rain for several hours - no kidding. The local weather folks think some of us might see 2"-4" of rain.

We live on a hill with great natural drainage but that great drainage can only handle so much.

I don't do any shopping on Friday, I like to go on Monday when most everyone else is at home or at work

Shoes --- I really miss my "hooker heels" I used to wear for work. I got rid of all of them when I retired. Now my main concern is a good pair of tennis shoes, a pair of tennis shoes that don't look like tennis shoes (Sketchers has some great models) , and duck boots for the barn that don't hurt my feet and don't leak.

I nearly ruined my feet buying cheap boots for the barn -- you get what you pay for sometimes -- the $80 "Muck" brand I bought two years ago are comfortable and should last several years, even with mucking stalls every day.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-12-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Frieda ->
Good Friday morning. I am in the SE United States so six hours behind most of the UK folks

It's 2:30 AM and once I wake up, I'm afraid I'm up for a few hours. This is going to really mess up my normal awake time of 4:20 or 5:00 AM --- blah.

It has been POURING rain for several hours - no kidding. The local weather folks think some of us might see 2"-4" of rain.

We live on a hill with great natural drainage but that great drainage can only handle so much.

I don't do any shopping on Friday, I like to go on Monday when most everyone else is at home or at work

Shoes --- I really miss my "hooker heels" I used to wear for work. I got rid of all of them when I retired. Now my main concern is a good pair of tennis shoes, a pair of tennis shoes that don't look like tennis shoes (Sketchers has some great models) , and duck boots for the barn that don't hurt my feet and don't leak.

I nearly ruined my feet buying cheap boots for the barn -- you get what you pay for sometimes -- the $80 "Muck" brand I bought two years ago are comfortable and should last several years, even with mucking stalls every day.
LOL - I still wear 'killer' heels - but only when going out in the evening, and somewhat lower heeled court shoes for everyday. I don't wear 'trainers', 'sneakers', or anything like that - just smart walking shoes - when I can find the wretched things!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top