Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:47 PM

Re: Noisy cars

Hi

I lived in Prees for 11 years, a centre for huge motorcycle meets.

Silencers do restrict Gas Flow, which affects the performance.

There is a way round this, expensive purpose built systems.

Many had them and good luck to them.

They are completely different to the local pillocks who remove the systems on small under powered bikes and who cause a problem to all.

A slightly louder exhaust in a rural area with very fast roads is not an issue at all.

Prats who remove exhausts on 50cc machines and rev them to the max in an urban area are.

It is all about respect for others.

I have never got annoyed at powerful bikes zooming past me on fast rural roads ridden by those who know what they are doing.

Good Luck to them.

I get seriously pissed off at the local yobbos with no silencer, tax or insurance driving like idiots with no exhaust creating chaos.

There is a world of difference between fender and others riding powerful bikes at school time, they do so slowly and carefully, as opposed to the young prats who put people at risk by driving like idiots with no exhaust to try to impress the girls.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

So is it legal for bikers to remove their silencers?
...You can remove the stock one and replace with an aftermarket less restrictive one, but as per a car, you can't legally drive without one at all. You'd go above the legal noise and emission limits.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

i lived in prees for 11 years, a centre for huge motorcycle meets.

Silencers do restrict gas flow, which affects the performance.

There is a way round this, expensive purpose built systems.

Many had them and good luck to them.

They are completely different to the local pillocks who remove the systems on small under powered bikes and who cause a problem to all.

A slightly louder exhaust in a rural area with very fast roads is not an issue at all.

Prats who remove exhausts on 50cc machines and rev them to the max in an urban area are.

It is all about respect for others.

I have never got annoyed at powerful bikes zooming past me on fast rural roads ridden by those who know what they are doing.

Good luck to them.

I get seriously pissed off at the local yobbos with no silencer, tax or insurance driving like idiots with no exhaust creating chaos.

There is a world of difference between fender and others riding powerful bikes at school time, they do so slowly and carefully, as opposed to the young prats who put people at risk by driving like idiots with no exhaust to try to impress the girls.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
...You can remove the stock one and replace with an aftermarket less restrictive one, but as per a car, you can't legally drive without one at all. You'd go above the legal noise and emission limits.
That makes sense.

However, I regularly hear young pillocks roaring along as loudly as they can, presumably without any form of silencer.

The annoying thing is that they seem to get away with it despite breaking the law. Police tied up with 'offensive' Twitter posts, presumably!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That makes sense.

However, I regularly hear young pillocks roaring along as loudly as they can, presumably without any form of silencer.

The annoying thing is that they seem to get away with it despite breaking the law. Police tied up with 'offensive' Twitter posts, presumably!
Probably mate.
We're all painfully aware that naughty words are a devastating crime....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 12:27 PM

I'm sure they really do think they are on a race track. They rev and destabilise their cars before taking the corners at high speed. We live in a town where there are children, animals and the elderly. Apparently it is reported to police regularly but nothing is done.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

27-05-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure they really do think they are on a race track. They rev and destabilise their cars before taking the corners at high speed. We live in a town where there are children, animals and the elderly. Apparently it is reported to police regularly but nothing is done.
Miserable bunch of old coffin dodgers spoiling the kids fun..........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:40 PM

Miserable bunch of old coffin dodgers spoiling the kids fun..........
Ha ha, yes I know mate, I would probably be joining them given half the chance.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

07-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Just for Longdogs - me new exhaust fitted today......

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-06-2019, 10:01 PM

Just for Longdogs - me new exhaust fitted today......

I reckon that silencer could be made with twice the diameter and producing far less noise without compromising efficiency!

It might not look so 'cool', but...

oh, but it has to look cool, doesn't it, and make a really big roar!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top