Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:14 PM

Re: Raising my bed

Take the castors off the legs and raise it with a block of wood
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
When I had problems with my knee (damaged cartilage in road accident years' ago) it was recommended to raise the foot of the bed, this would allow the gathering fluid to naturally run back up my leg to disperse it. I used two old books, one placed under each leg at the top of the bed. That was enough but at first it did seem as if I was going to slide out, towards the head of the bed. That feeling soon went, better still, the advice worked my knee returned to how it usually was.
Books won't work in my case Baz , the bed ' s on castors .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Take the castors off the legs and raise it with a block of wood
A block of wood to be found .....?
Man about the house to be found too if wood was ?
Zuleika
North West UK

01-07-2019, 08:24 PM

This looks promising

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/b...mattress-genie

I wonder how easy it is to inflate ?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Books won't work in my case Baz , the bed ' s on castors .
Unless you are trying to raise the bed by feet rather than inches then being on castors and using a book that's say, an inch or two thick, should not be a problem. Some years' ago I did this with a bed that had castors and it was alright. The weight of a person should prevent the bed having a mind of its own and rapidly reaching the other side of the room!

You could always just place a square of old carpet on top of each book, to stop some movement. Just give it a try first, that should answer if it's going to be a problem.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 09:43 PM

Move your house on to a hill, but make sure you place it the right way round.

Yes, some kind of supports or extensions under the rear legs would do the trick, Z. A couple of sturdy plastic drinking tumblers with a couple of inches of cement in each maybe?
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

01-07-2019, 10:35 PM

I have a hiatus hernia and have the head of the bed raised to prevent acid reflux during the night.
My husband cut two 6 inch pieces off a fence post, laid flat, with a slight depression made in each to take the castor, so the castor doesn't slip off. Works a treat, and raises the bed about 4 inches which is enough.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 10:53 PM

How about these :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Utopia-Bedd...kitchen&sr=1-3
Zuleika
North West UK

02-07-2019, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by littleannie ->
I have a hiatus hernia and have the head of the bed raised to prevent acid reflux during the night.
My husband cut two 6 inch pieces off a fence post, laid flat, with a slight depression made in each to take the castor, so the castor doesn't slip off. Works a treat, and raises the bed about 4 inches which is enough.
Man about the house vacancy here .
Lucky you having one with inspiration .
Zuleika
North West UK

02-07-2019, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How about these :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Utopia-Bedd...kitchen&sr=1-3
Yes they look to be a possibility .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top