Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Kindle Book Subscriptions

I'm reading so much more since I was given a kindle and think I should consider subscribing to a club which gives me access to free or cheap books. Can anyone recommend one please?

Thanks
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 12:28 PM

Re: Kindle Book Subscriptions

I use this one, dirt cheap and often free. You need to join and you'll get a weekly update of what's on offer. If I remember right you need to choose the type of books you like to read. It's been several years since I signed up, but it's been worth it.

https://www.bookbub.com/ebook-deals/free-kindle-books
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 01:19 PM

Amazon Kindle prime or unlimited is what I use it's so easy with a kindle too as many other services are either not compatible or have to be changed in someway to make them compatible with the kindle.

Think unlimited is £7.99 a month and you can have 10 books at a time no limit to how many a month. I can't imagine I have enough years left to read all the books they offer. And because some are self published you get new authors before they start charging for their books.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Thanks for those ideas - Bookbub directed me to Amazon.com.........which I tried to sign in to with my .co.uk password after which it told me I couldn't join the site!!!

July - I think £7.99 a month is pretty expensive.........I was looking for a cheap deal. Thanks anyway.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 04:15 PM

I spend up to £90 a month on Kindle books I am a very fast reader, which is a nuisance.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Thanks for those ideas - Bookbub directed me to Amazon.com.........which I tried to sign in to with my .co.uk password after which it told me I couldn't join the site!!!

July - I think £7.99 a month is pretty expensive.........I was looking for a cheap deal. Thanks anyway.
It may seem that way but I get as many books as I want with that we have 4 kindles registered to my account and get through well over 60 books a month for that £7.99 which seems pretty cheap to me. Also I've yet to find anything else downloads instantly to a kindle you usually have to go through hoops to get other clients to load.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 09:21 AM

You can get a daily list of free books from Amazon for the Kindle. Yes FREE. Ofton there are some good reads there. I have never bought an ebook. No need. I have 140 books loaded that I have yet to read, yes all free.
As for Bookpub.. They say free but lucky if you get 1 a day, and that is an Amazon one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 05:52 PM

I'm reading so much more since I was given a kindle and think I should consider subscribing to a club which gives me access to free or cheap books. Can anyone recommend one please?

Thanks
Can I ask you which Kindle you have and are you happy with it? Mrs LD Kindle has recently stopped working after twelve years constant use. She wants to buy another but not sure which to go for.

thanks.
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 06:25 AM

Thanks
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...QnlWbQU&rank=4

https://www.amazon.com/free-kindle-f...dle+fire+books
Lindyloo
isle of wight

28-02-2020, 06:35 AM

Thanks very much. I think I'm already subscribed to those but I downloaded half a dozen books and am slowly working my way through them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top