Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 08:57 AM

How do keep a house tidy

How do people keep their houses tidy ?

Mine is in a constant state of disarray .

The worst aspect ( apart from us ) Is piles of stuff ie paperwork .

What do other people do with it all?

And everyday it’s the same !

How to you all keep a serine tidy house

How much time to people generally spend tidying every day ?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 09:11 AM

Re: How do keep a house tidy

My house is tidy, I tidy up as I go along. Some paperwork arrives in the post, it is read and if required filed in the appropriate folder. Then every so often files are checked out and old or irrelevant papers are taken out, shredded and disposed of. Legally paperwork only has to be retained for six years.

These days it's also a great help to slowly dispense with paperwork by having as much as possible sent electronically. These are treated much the same as paperwork – read as they arrive but then filed electronically. So much easier to do this than deal with traditional paperwork. All you have to do is to back-up those electronic files, once or twice is advised to be sure you will have them whatever happens to your computer.

If you are really keen then paperwork, if it is to be retained, can be scanned and filed electronically as above – the result is 'the paperless home'!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 09:25 AM

My House is tidy all the time, I don't keep things that I don't need any more, I buy lots of magazines, but when I have read them, I will pass them onto neighbours, I dust and clean every day.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 09:54 AM

Mine is always tidy . I'm on my own so it doesn't get messy . I wipe down kitchen after cooking . Lounge is clean and I only hover once a week . I think I'm naturally a tidy person . I'm also minimalist I dont collect junk ( as I call it ) I've chucked out all my skinny clothes that I'll never get into again .

I've been staying at my sisters , she buys junk ( as I call it ) and there isn't a shelf that's clear , shes very clean in the house but the clutter drives me bonkers .

Clutter and untidy is hard work to me . Minimalist is tidy . Also I'm a lazy so and so this way its easier
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 10:12 AM

Ok guys am going to have a clutter blitz Right now !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How do people keep their houses tidy ?

Mine is in a constant state of disarray .

The worst aspect ( apart from us ) Is piles of stuff ie paperwork .

What do other people do with it all?

And everyday it’s the same !

How to you all keep a serine tidy house

How much time to people generally spend tidying every day ?

Phi Muddy,I always tidy as I go...I am also a minimalist...my house..albeit tiny.....looks like this every single day...even with two dogs..one who is a jack Russell ,constantly shedding hair.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	11378  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 10:21 AM

Another...not showing off..just showing how tidy you can keep a house...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	11379  
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ok guys am going to have a clutter blitz Right now !
That's the way to do it Muddy.

Get rid of anything you don't use regularly & make sure the things you want to keep are always kept in the same place. That way, even if hubby is untidy, it will be easy to put things back where they belong.
Set a date by which you will have sorted your papers & make sure you stick to it!
Agree a daily time with your husband when your paper work is either filed ( in the right place) or disposed of.......it will make life much easier!

Give us reports on progress... that will make it more difficult to decide " Oh I will do that another time".
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-01-2020, 10:36 AM

Keeping a house tidy,is also a mind set....that is the key,I believe,to keeping my house tidy....I hope others have inspired you on this thread...

All the best,keep us posted on your progress.

A tidy house also makes you feel good..another tip...I open everything that comes through the post,straight away...I bin junk mail,there and then...important stuff,straight into a filing cabinet,everything in order.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 10:37 AM

How do you accumulate lots of paperwork , I don’t get a lot of it ?
I enlisted with Mail Preference Service a lot of years ago so junk mail ,apart from obligatory leaflets the post office have to deliver these days, hardly ever gets through . Soon as any comes through my letterbox it goes straight into a small bin I keep in a closet until it’s wastepaper and cardboard collection day by the council recycling people .
I tidy everything as I go along but then when you live alone and are a minimalist person anyway it’s not difficult .

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top