Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 02:11 AM

Re: Will Poland or Hungary be next to Leave?

Hungary. They are very anti-Muslim and will not take kindly to being told how many migrants they should take. Being the nearest neighbour to the next set of countries to join (which have greater Muslim populations ) I can't see Hungary sticking with it. Poland just winge if they can't get their own way.. a but like us, but not as savvy !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 07:13 AM

Hi

The EU will change, Germany is already losing more of it's dominance.

I cannot see any other Country voting to leave in the foreseeable future.

Poland certainly will not, there is not a majority wishing to do so, they will simply ignore some rulings they disagree with.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The Euro was only introduce for the benefit of Germany The high value of the Deutchmark made their exports too expensive. Trying to put the currencies of other nations at the same level is doomed to failure eventually, as struggling countries can't devalue it as they could with their own money. I bet a lot of them are regretting the decision to join the Euro now, especially those with no exporting industries.
The Euro is the Deutchsmark. It was just given a different name when the "member states" joined it. Germany still dictates the interest rates as the Euro (DM) is pegged to Germanys economy.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU will change, Germany is already losing more of it's dominance.

I cannot see any other Country voting to leave in the foreseeable future.

Poland certainly will not, there is not a majority wishing to do so, they will simply ignore some rulings they disagree with.

Germany is not losing its dominance. It runs everything in the EU, the only think losing its dominance is Merkel. She put Von Der Leyen in as President of the EU for a reason ... to fck over all the other member states in favour if the "fatherland" because the Germans have lost faith in her (Merkel) over the immigration disaster.

The German machine rumbles on ...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You all are sure that brexit will bring you into the seventh heaven, yet you natter about it like a bunch of old women (presumably, some of you are). Are you having second thoughts already?
Go and have something to eat Solasch, it might buck up your sunny nature.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Hungary. They are very anti-Muslim and will not take kindly to being told how many migrants they should take. Being the nearest neighbour to the next set of countries to join (which have greater Muslim populations ) I can't see Hungary sticking with it. Poland just winge if they can't get their own way.. a but like us, but not as savvy !
I applaud Hungary's attitude to muslims.
We should do what they do.

I'm happy for us to allow immigration of any race, including muslims, if they are the people we want and have the skills we need.

I have mentioned before that most of the doctors at the hospital where I have had operations seem to be 'non-white', yet they have been excellent in their work. In fact, I think we probably need more of them!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 08:12 PM

**** Bickering and off topic posts removed.

Please stay on topic.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I applaud Hungary's attitude to muslims.
We should do what they do.

I'm happy for us to allow immigration of any race, including muslims, if they are the people we want and have the skills we need.

I have mentioned before that most of the doctors at the hospital where I have had operations seem to be 'non-white', yet they have been excellent in their work. In fact, I think we probably need more of them!
I agree with you. No country should be told who and who not they should take as migrants or refugees. The rule was first country of entry, just because they messed up shouldn't be every other buggers problem.
Hungary had a new ruling on religious laws a few years back for various religions, it did not include Islam and any Muslim has to apply for acceptance (if that's the right word) under the laws as they stand now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I agree with you. No country should be told who and who not they should take as migrants or refugees. The rule was first country of entry, just because they messed up shouldn't be every other buggers problem.
Hungary had a new ruling on religious laws a few years back for various religions, it did not include Islam and any Muslim has to apply for acceptance (if that's the right word) under the laws as they stand now.
Indeed. Good for them.

Unfortunately, we have not been as 'careful' as them, as several terrorist and rapist crimes would testify.

Why does this country always have to be so 'holier than thou'?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

09-01-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. Good for them.

Unfortunately, we have not been as 'careful' as them, as several terrorist and rapist crimes would testify.

Why does this country always have to be so 'holier than thou'?
Because there is always a back-lash. Remember the Calais predicament. People collecting sleeping backs and clothes and fire wood and just about everything and then taking it across the channel to those who set up camp , waiting to climb in lorries and illegally enter the UK.
The do gooders, who actually seemed to change their mind after the children, who weren't children, managed to wriggle through the system and were found to be in classrooms with the children of those who had previously called the Government for everything.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top