Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Re: Buying new Toys (Echo, Blink, Hive, Nest, etc)

Updated the boiler and ended up with an echo dot ..amused me for a day or two but the hive thermostat is great until it isn’t then the thing needs a computer degree to reset
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jaded ->
Updated the boiler and ended up with an echo dot ..amused me for a day or two but the hive thermostat is great until it isn’t then the thing needs a computer degree to reset
But on the bonus side, I went to play golf, last week, and turned the heating off before teeing off, and then turned it back on ready to go home.

Saved, at least, 10 pence!

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 09:43 AM

I have 3 computers. A laptop computer (running Linux Mint), an Intel NUC and a full-sized Desktop computer. All are a bit different in the programs and hardware configurations. I sometimes want to use one or the other computer but use the same 24" monitor.

This box works well. It senses when a different computer has been switched on and the monitor automatically switches to it. If all three computers are turned on, the remote control can be used to switch the monitor from one computer to another.

A handy box that saves a lot of lead swapping.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top