Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 08:05 AM

Baffling problem

I have a problem that is driving me bonkers.
I have two (2) DVD players, both of which are region #1
All of my DVD's are also region #1

Because I am deaf, or nearly so, I require closed captioning.
Problem: I can get closed captioning when using certain DVD's, on the Sony DVD player but not on the Panasonic. Then there are DVD's which will show closed captioning on the Panasonic but not on the Sony. Very strange indeed.

I have spoken with sales clerks in the electronics department and they can not give me any satisfactory answers.

What in the world do I have to do to get a DVD machine that will play closed captioning on all of my DVD's ? (provided, of course that the DVD has C.C. in the first place)
Is there some special (secret ?) name for a DVD player which will always play C.C. ?

Edit to add: Someone just told me about machines "reading" the C.C. and other machines not being able to "read the C.C. . I have no idea what that means.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 11:10 PM

Re: Baffling problem

Have you tried clicking on 'sub-titles' on either your DVD remote or TV remote (I'm guessing you have but will ask anyway) I do realise that CCs and Subtitles are different.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 03:37 AM

Re: Baffling problem

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you tried clicking on 'sub-titles' on either your DVD remote or TV remote (I'm guessing you have but will ask anyway) I do realise that CCs and Subtitles are different.

yes, absolutely.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top